Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lincoln Lawyer: Movie Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Lincoln Lawyer: Movie Review

Say what you want about Double M and his "alternative" lifestyle with not showering, living in a gulf stream and liking the ganga, he can act.

This is a damn good lawyer movie! I loved the twists, the plot was as good as the book ( my opinion ) and the use of "alternative" methods to assure that Lady Justice is served has inspired a new sig line for me.

I would encourage all of you to watch it if you get a chance. Your woman won't mind the T-shirt scenes, Ryan Phillipe did a great job again as a supporting actor and this will make you wish you stayed in school because he is one slick, well paid ($550/hr) defense attorney.

Your thoughts?

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #2

I watched this recently and thought it was ok. They took huge liberty with various legal premises making it very unrealistic.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

My wife and I saw it in the theater and were thoroughly entertained. Good cast and storyline. The books are darn good too. I think Double M is generally an entertaining actor and Marisa Tomei is still damn good looking. I am looking forward to see if they make more of Michael Connely's book into movies.

Two thumbs up.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:28 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have the book and started it twice and still it sits unread. I guess I'll have to go for a third try.

I met Michael Connelly at a book signing about five years ago. He gave a small talk about the end of the Harry Bosch novels at that time. However, it seems that it really wasn't the end of good old Harry. I guess the series was too successful to just put it in mothballs.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I read the book on recommendation from Household 6 about 6 months before the movie was "in the can". We knew it was coming out, but we both needed to know the backgrounds of the characters in place because they seemed well written.

I liked the book. I really liked the movie as well. I REALLY liked the involvement of the "ulterior, 2 wheeled Justice Messengers" as it is worked into the story.

How about this: You rent it, you don't like it and can post why, I'll write you a check for the money you spent on the rental plus 25% to cover your "inconvenience" of going with what I recommend.

Take that Redtube and NetFlix!!

*spiked ball and celebratory dance*

JD

Old 07-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll read the book, but just because it's a challenge. I need to read something new anyway. Thanks for the offer though.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #7

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
How about this: You rent it, you don't like it and can post why, I'll write you a check for the money you spent on the rental plus 25% to cover your "inconvenience" of going with what I recommend.
JD
Oh, so you are the millionaire I have been searching for!

The wife aready has this movie on her list of "must see."

She has always liked MM for his brains....yeah right.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-18-2011, 03:45 AM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 687 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Just watched it last night. Solid movie. Had me entertained the entire time. I agree that MM did a wonderful job acting.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4483 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Who or what is mm your not talking about that rapper guy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Who or what is mm your not talking about that rapper guy.
Mathew mcconahay hoe ever you spell his last name. He is the main character.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk