Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Lincoln Lawyer: Movie Review (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/lincoln-lawyer-movie-review-45331/)

Dillinger 07-17-2011 02:38 AM

Lincoln Lawyer: Movie Review

Say what you want about Double M and his "alternative" lifestyle with not showering, living in a gulf stream and liking the ganga, he can act.

This is a damn good lawyer movie! I loved the twists, the plot was as good as the book ( my opinion ) and the use of "alternative" methods to assure that Lady Justice is served has inspired a new sig line for me.

I would encourage all of you to watch it if you get a chance. Your woman won't mind the T-shirt scenes, Ryan Phillipe did a great job again as a supporting actor and this will make you wish you stayed in school because he is one slick, well paid ($550/hr) defense attorney. ;)

Your thoughts?

JD

mes227 07-17-2011 03:10 AM

I watched this recently and thought it was ok. They took huge liberty with various legal premises making it very unrealistic.

NitroxAZ 07-17-2011 03:12 AM

My wife and I saw it in the theater and were thoroughly entertained. Good cast and storyline. The books are darn good too. I think Double M is generally an entertaining actor and Marisa Tomei is still damn good looking. I am looking forward to see if they make more of Michael Connely's book into movies.

Two thumbs up.

CA357 07-17-2011 03:28 AM

I have the book and started it twice and still it sits unread. I guess I'll have to go for a third try.

I met Michael Connelly at a book signing about five years ago. He gave a small talk about the end of the Harry Bosch novels at that time. However, it seems that it really wasn't the end of good old Harry. I guess the series was too successful to just put it in mothballs.

Dillinger 07-17-2011 03:47 AM

I read the book on recommendation from Household 6 about 6 months before the movie was "in the can". We knew it was coming out, but we both needed to know the backgrounds of the characters in place because they seemed well written.

I liked the book. I really liked the movie as well. I REALLY liked the involvement of the "ulterior, 2 wheeled Justice Messengers" as it is worked into the story.

How about this: You rent it, you don't like it and can post why, I'll write you a check for the money you spent on the rental plus 25% to cover your "inconvenience" of going with what I recommend.

Take that Redtube and NetFlix!!

*spiked ball and celebratory dance*

JD

CA357 07-17-2011 05:23 AM

I'll read the book, but just because it's a challenge. I need to read something new anyway. Thanks for the offer though. :cool:

IGETEVEN 07-17-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 543519)
How about this: You rent it, you don't like it and can post why, I'll write you a check for the money you spent on the rental plus 25% to cover your "inconvenience" of going with what I recommend.
JD

Oh, so you are the millionaire I have been searching for! :eek: ;)

The wife aready has this movie on her list of "must see."

She has always liked MM for his brains....yeah right. :rolleyes:

notdku 07-18-2011 03:45 AM

Just watched it last night. Solid movie. Had me entertained the entire time. I agree that MM did a wonderful job acting.

JonM 07-18-2011 04:01 AM

Who or what is mm your not talking about that rapper guy.

cddbrowns 07-18-2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
Who or what is mm your not talking about that rapper guy.

Mathew mcconahay hoe ever you spell his last name. He is the main character.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk