Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Limited snowball experience, can anybody justify this officer's armed reaction?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

This "snowball fight" broke out at an anti-war protest. No kids were involved, and the crowd could have appeared violent to the officer. You're talking about men & women who put their lives on the line everyday. He wouldn't know if anyone is going to throw something other than a snowball.

Last edited by Southeast of Disorder; 12-21-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, I have to say this is a bit of a shock.

Having lived in Alaska for a couple of years, I have been in some pretty wicked snowball fights. One fight I remember a kid got hit in the side of the head, it knocked him silly, he lost his equilibrium, fell, hit his head on the ice and needed a few stitches.

Never ONCE did we have someone pull a gun on us, and we were snowball terrorists. Running around whole neighborhoods, throwing snowballs at each other, throwing snowballs at the mean neighborhood dogs. The whole nine....

This officer demostrated so many things that were just plain wrong. He had a glock, which you all know I LOVE, and he had his finger on the damn trigger! Over some snowballs?! Really??

Another middle aged, angry at the world member of "authority" who clearly needs a hug and some counseling.

I personally hope they fire his ass and put him out on the street this week to show that the DC cops DO care about their image and WILL NOT tolerate this type of ass-hatery.

If that were a civilian, and a white guy, do any of you not think the entire lamestream media would be having a field day with this??

Old 12-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #13
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast of Disorder View Post
This "snowball fight" broke out at an anti-war protest.
That would make his response even less appropriate to me; why provoke a group of protesters into an escalation of violence? They might have started spitting after that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
If that were a civilian, and a white guy, do any of you not think the entire lamestream media would be having a field day with this??
Had he been a civilian the uniformed officers who responded to the reports of a person with a gun at a snowball fight probably would have had him facedown in that snow & cuffed in short order, hopefully with no red stains for the snow.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 12-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #15

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast of Disorder View Post
Have you watched the video? This "snowball fight" was an anti-war protest, and no kids were there.

Yes I did watch the video, where the hell did you pull that anti-war protest stuff from? Nowhere in the video did they say or indicate it was a protest. IMO the cop was wrong and should be counseled about losing his temper and over reacting. What do you base your opinion on and how can you justify his response?

I base my opinion on my experience and professional training.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #16

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

I am going with robo and scubie seeing as they are the board experts and have been LEO's for a while.

This guy is nothing more than a turd maker.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We all have our demons and hopefully the officer will get the help he deserves with his.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Hope they fire him, and charge with brandishing a weapon.
The idea that he was defending self from potential brick throwers is B.S.
His hummer got hit and he wanted to be the big man with the gun.
The guy obviously has a problem and is in the wrong line of work.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Just saw it on the news tonight. The chief of police said she believes his reaction was totally inappropriate. Also the officer has been placed on administrative duty, his duty weapon confiscated. He is a 25 year officer with a clean record and faces anything from reprimand to being removed from the force. His commander also went on record saying he was a good officer but his response was inappropriate but refused further comment until IA finished their investigation. The police also wanted to make sure everyone was aware that the response by uniformed officers was handled appropriately and they were quick on the scene.

The snowball fight was a planned snowball fight, absolutely no mention of any protesting of anything.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I can live with that. 25 years or not, he needed to show more intelligence and reserve than to pull a weapon because of a snowball fight. They weren't throwing rocks in the Gaza Strip for crying out loud.