Like al gore not, Alaska and the Polar Bears need help! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Like al gore not, Alaska and the Polar Bears need help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Short answer is yes, but like my previuos post, the people who claim to be scientist are political themselves.

Nothing we do on this earth is without consequence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394945/The-green-killer-Scores-protected-golden-eagles-dying-colliding-wind-turbines.html
I agree with you on this. The only point I was trying to make was that environmental forces are science, not that the people interpreting this science are objective, fair and accurate. I know the scientists trying to prove a point are often biased one way or another, much like the "expert witnesses" the prosecution and defense use in court. Someone mentioned having someone with common sense stand for the people. What we are seeing thus far in this election year is far from common sense.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Define intelligence..........

I support polar bears, I don't eat seals or bear meat. As for the Methane BS, how do you propose to stop mother nature from pouring out thousands of cubic feet per day into the atmosfere. And I'm not talking about garbage dumps, which by the way some are producing viable gas for electricity......Mother nature rules this blue wonder, not man.....Man is likened to missletoe, nothing more than a parasite feeding off of and killing the host........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #33

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I believe we can all agree, we need to be the best stewards of the land we can. That said, there needs to be a balance between people and the enviroment. It's that equation that will keep us at odds with one another.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #34

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I believe we can all agree, we need to be the best stewards of the land we can. That said, there needs to be a balance between people and the enviroment. It's that equation that will keep us at odds with one another.
I am with you on this.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8842 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11546

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Me too- but they are not a charity.
True enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Viking Dad, Please post the numbers you have on the money being wasted by the NRA. It would be most interesting see these facts also list your source. I am sure you would not make statements about the NRA without facts. Please share. Thx
I never said that the NRA was wasting money nor did I allude to any data. I merely said that their administrative costs trouble me and they do. I personally think that Wayne LaPierre's compensation is absurd in light of past Presidents. I also am troubled by the enormous amount of money that is spent trying to get more donations, some of these mailers are downright insulting not to mention the constant renewal "reminders". I can only imagine that there are many members out there who have memory issues and will absent-mindedly "renew" when they are paid up to date if not well into the future. That to me is just wrong IMHO.

All that having been said I still support the NRA. I just choose to do so with my eyes open.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #36

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

we can't believe anything with any science to back it up. They're lying. They don't know anything!

But when some hunter says hunting is good for the enviorment and the earth would crumble if they let the (fill in endangered animal here) keep breeding everybody just gets in line.

Crazy. He in Arizona hunters lobbied to get the Bald eagle off the endangered list. and they won. Now why would people put such effort into that? I guess we would be safer if the Eagle was killed off. See how crazy that sounds?

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #37

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Viking Dad would you please post Wayne's pay. And what source are you using. Thx for sharing these facts with us.I am very interested in the cost and return on investments concerning fund drives. It sounds like you have some real insider Info. Please Share. As a 50 year NRA Patron Member I will take this Info to my Board Member.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #38

Liked 2775 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 2665

Getting an animal off the endangered species list doesn't mean it's legal to hunt it. Far as I know it's not legal to hunt any birds of prey. Last time I checked it was illegal to even have in your possession a feather from an eagle.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #39

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The folks in Arizona were contesting the use of the Endagered Speices Act to ban lead use in firearms. This was dealing with the California Condor. The ESA has been used to stop hunting of all kinds.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #40
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8842 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Viking Dad would you please post Wayne's pay. And what source are you using. Thx for sharing these facts with us.I am very interested in the cost and return on investments concerning fund drives. It sounds like you have some real insider Info. Please Share. As a 50 year NRA Patron Member I will take this Info to my Board Member.
Durango,
Wayne's pay was $970,000 in 2010, I believe that is excessive.
I am mainly going off of some of the many posts on other threads here on FTF regarding the NRA (many of which I am sure you have seen) as well as my receiving all of the unwanted solicitations myself. I have volunteered on several local charities here locally, mainly in fundraising (two cancer charities and one patients advocacy charity in addition to a pregnancy counseling charity (a pro-life charity) and the local school) and the mailers are very inefficient. What does work very well is personal contact and phone calls.

I never claimed to have inside information. As I said, I am an NRA supporter. Don't get all bent out of shape over my being critical of an organization that I do support.