Like al gore not, Alaska and the Polar Bears need help! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Like al gore not, Alaska and the Polar Bears need help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9133 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Quote:
The administrative costs of the NRA trouble me.
Me too- but they are not a charity.

When I see a group dedicated (according to their website) to feeding children, but see that it is run by a husband and wife pulling down an annual salary of OMIGOD- HOW MUCH ????- I have to question whether I am putting milk in a cup for a child, or Merlot in a glass for the CEO.

But if you are fortunate, and want to give something back, would suggest you google "10 best charities", and take a look at some that are out there that use 98% of donated funds for their programs- not for admin or fund raising. Or find a local charity right on your own doorstep.

I had one so called Veteran's Charity that kept calling me- roughly 3% of donated monies actually went anywhere near a veteran. Finally told them if they called me again there might be an accident release of napalm over their offices.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If Rush Limbaugh didn't say it, it didn't happen!!!

There's my attempt at humor. I do like Rush from time to time.

So I'm kind of a youngster to some of you. This spring will be 10 years since I graduated Clearfield High School. Go Falcons!

All growing up, global warming was beat into our heads. Global warming. Global warming. Over and over. Holes in the ozone layer. We're all gonna die. Don't use Styrofoam. Gotta drink bottled water, city water could kill you.

Now all the sudden it's climate change. I haven't heard of the ozone hole in years. It that ever get fixed? Plastic water bottles litter the worlds beaches and we should drink tap water with our "Urban Canteens."

I used to believe people wanted to help. Now I wonder, who's trying to screw me now? Al Gore preaches the climate is changing. Gotta take mass transit. But he takes a personal jet. I call BS on that.

In my little world people are judged on their actions. Like the post about the preachers funeral. You don't have to know ever detail about someone to know if their a liar or not. Just see what they do. I know a guy, knows everything about everything. Told me more than once everything I'm doing wrong with my cows. Kinda hard to swallow. We'll, this fall dad and I did some freeze branding on his heifers. They all weighed 200 pounds more than mine. Can this guy be full of it? Sure, to talk to. But look at his place. Damn fine herd and he's always got a new tractor. Gotta be doing something right.

Now, accurate weather data has only been possible for about the last hundred years or so. Evolutionist or religionist, ya gotta admit, this planet is millions or billions of years old. (If you want those 2 ideas reconciled, look up Baxter Black's Cowboy Time.) I think this ol planet earth is far more complex and dynamic than anything our super computers and nightly news forecasts can predict. 1998 was the warmest year on record I'm told. 2008 was the coldest? Ten years? Seriously?

Here in the west, our grandpas killed those livestock killing wolves out back in the 30's. Now the damn hippies in LA (California not lower Alabama) tell us our environment needs them. BS!

That really sucks about what's happening to that guy up in Alaska, what with the silt and advancing shoreline and all. That's such an extreme place, I'm surprised that's all that's going on. For hell sakes they got monster storms and grizzle bars and volcanoes and everything else. Never see that on the news. Just the starving pigmys in Africa or how the queers wanna get married.

Now I kindly got to rambling here, so I'll cut to the chase. Pull out your ol bible, blow the dust off, read Matthew 24 and tell me if it doesn't send a cold chill up your spine. Man is charge of nothing. Put your faith in Him, and grin and bare it.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #23

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

As I said in the other post, I believe that the forces of nature are determined by science, not politics. This is not a political issue. With all of the information out there why is there such a big difference in opinion on environmental matters between the liberals and conservatives? Could it be that people are being swayed and influenced by their political affiliations? Could they be simply going along with whatever the popular personalities such as Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh say?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #24

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Theropinfool,+10. We truely aren't as smart as we think we are.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #25

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
hey downsouth. WWF gives 100 percent of donations to the fight and Coca-Cola matches dollar for dollar so it doubles. Just a lead. There are others.
https://support.worldwildlife.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=donate_to_arctic_home
WWF is also one of the worlds leading anti-hunting organizations. I wouldn't give them a nickle. Here's one of the very few organizations I feel worthy of donating to:
http://www.scifirstforhunters.org/home

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Last edited by jeepejeep; 02-16-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Viking Dad, Please post the numbers you have on the money being wasted by the NRA. It would be most interesting see these facts also list your source. I am sure you would not make statements about the NRA without facts. Please share. Thx

Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #27

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I want to address the dumb American comment that has some people up in arms.

Look around. And if you don't like it if I toot my own horn, I don't give a flying ****, but I've fought for this country myself, bled in the sand in a war I didn't think was righteous to begin with. Honestly, I signed up for the wrong reason (I had a death wish), but I have always loved this country and always will. What pisses me off is not the fact that someone called Americans dumb, it's the fact that they were right.

Excluding about 90% of the members here, America is full of ****ing idiots.

In the end, we are still all in this together. Anyone have an idiot brother or uncle that some one has to bail our of jail every now and then? It's okay to call him a dumb ass, because he is. The important thing is that you stand by him because he's family.

And I'll stand by my countrymen until the day I die. Especially the idiots.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #28

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf
As I said in the other post, I believe that the forces of nature are determined by science, not politics. This is not a political issue. With all of the information out there why is there such a big difference in opinion on environmental matters between the liberals and conservatives? Could it be that people are being swayed and influenced by their political affiliations? Could they be simply going along with whatever the popular personalities such as Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh say?
Short answer is yes, but like my previuos post, the people who claim to be scientist are political themselves.

Nothing we do on this earth is without consequence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394945/The-green-killer-Scores-protected-golden-eagles-dying-colliding-wind-turbines.html

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Short answer is yes, but like my previuos post, the people who claim to be scientist are political themselves.

Nothing we do on this earth is without consequence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394945/The-green-killer-Scores-protected-golden-eagles-dying-colliding-wind-turbines.html
I'd even say nothing we do period is without consequence.

Everything I do, my own cows, or my in-town job, has to do with grass or trees or making something grow. Anyone who dares pollute is a lowlife scumbag as far as I'm concerned. We have to take care of this place. I believe we'll be damned if we don't.

But what is pollution? Obviously dumping oils and heavy metals is bad, too much pesticide/herbicide/what have you leads to problems.

But can anyone tell me why 150 years ago there were millions of buffalo and no methane problem. An animal so closely related to a cow they can interbreed. Not inbreed, (I guess that too, but NOT THE POINT!) So now cow crap causes methane problems. BS.

Trip, I'm with you man. "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Hooper, Utah.". My brother is that idiot that's always getting arrested, calling everybody to come bail him out. He deserves everything he gets, and I absolutely have his back. I don't bail him out, but he's welcome at my fire anytime.

Why can't we have someone stand for the people with any common sense? Lower corporate taxes, higher import tax, flat tax on personal citizens and peace through strength? Drill baby drill! To hell with our enemies. Turn those towel heads into a glass factory and let's get back to being the biggest badasses on earth!

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2949 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
I'd even say nothing we do period is without consequence.

Everything I do, my own cows, or my in-town job, has to do with grass or trees or making something grow. Anyone who dares pollute is a lowlife scumbag as far as I'm concerned. We have to take care of this place. I believe we'll be damned if we don't.

But what is pollution? Obviously dumping oils and heavy metals is bad, too much pesticide/herbicide/what have you leads to problems.

But can anyone tell me why 150 years ago there were millions of buffalo and no methane problem. An animal so closely related to a cow they can interbreed. Not inbreed, (I guess that too, but NOT THE POINT!) So now cow crap causes methane problems. BS.

Trip, I'm with you man. "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Hooper, Utah.". My brother is that idiot that's always getting arrested, calling everybody to come bail him out. He deserves everything he gets, and I absolutely have his back. I don't bail him out, but he's welcome at my fire anytime.

Why can't we have someone stand for the people with any common sense? Lower corporate taxes, higher import tax, flat tax on personal citizens and peace through strength? Drill baby drill! To hell with our enemies. Turn those towel heads into a glass factory and let's get back to being the biggest badasses on earth!
Quoted for truth.

If the # of bastards does actually increase as one gets further from Hooper, I'm happy to be in the next town over. Unfortunately, one needn't get much further than SLC to achieve a pretty high density. But I suspect it levels out some from there

CAUTION: LANGUAGE. It is George Carlin after all.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-16-2012 at 02:59 PM.