Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Like al gore not, Alaska and the Polar Bears need help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thx DS I have not heard of that book. I will look it up. I have spent a lot of time along that border. My uncle was Mounted Border Patrol in the 40s and 50s and my son in later years. I can not help being disgusted at Americans fighting for animal rights when we can not defend our citizens on that border. When you travel in Southern Arizona signs warn you that you are in hostile areas. That is awful in our own country? Sorry did not mean to steal your animal rights plea, I know better bad manners on my part.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8310 Times on 3592 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Dodger- the WWF DOES have a good rating as charities go- see link:http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4770 Before anyone whips out a checkbook for ANY charity, I would urge them to find out a bit about what the money truly gets spent ON. I am not going to get into a pissing contest over which is best (and will not tolerate anyone that thinks they should)- but there ARE some big name charities that are spending big bucks on admin, and salaries for their senior staff. Check it out- ANY charity.

However, there does remain a great deal of controversy over the issue of "global warming". There have been a number of people involved in the research on this that have been caught in the act of creating data. One of the new satellite systems that is the FIRST to accurately measure ice caps and glaciers indicate they are NOT receding, but growing. Search for GRACE.

There are also conflicting reports on the well being of polar bears. coming from folks that live there- and not just a 30 second TV spot.

In my case, I have charities that I choose to support for reasons that are adequate to me. While none of them involve polar bears, that is YOUR choice for you to make.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7888

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
How is donating to polar bear rescue encouraging the slaughter of baby seals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Thx DS I have not heard of that book. I will look it up. I have spent a lot of time along that border. My uncle was Mounted Border Patrol in the 40s and 50s and my son in later years. I can not help being disgusted at Americans fighting for animal rights when we can not defend our citizens on that border. When you travel in Southern Arizona signs warn you that you are in hostile areas. That is awful in our own country? Sorry did not mean to steal your animal rights plea, I know better bad manners on my part.
My sister lives in Southern Arizona. Yes, it can be a very dangerous place. The drug cartels are vicious.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7656 Times on 4417 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

I live in Mountain Lion country. All of the so-called "experts" will tell you that the lions are endangered and rare. The fact is that you don't see them much because they don't like people. Now this is in a pretty heavily populated rural area within a hundred miles of San Francisco and just a stone's throw from Silicon Valley. It is pretty easy to do research around here and I feel safe to say that I have probably seen as many lions as most researchers have over the years and possibly more.

Up in the Arctic I suspect that the polar bears are not only more isolated, but it is much more difficult to get to the areas where they are more populous, thus it is far more difficult for people to find them to do research. I am not saying that the polar bears are not being impacted by what is happening, but I am saying that to what extent that impact is endangering the polar bears existence seems to me to be unknown. I see some evidence that the polar bear is not becoming endangered. Of course this is evidence gathered off the internet so it is suspect at best.

So, in short Dodgerblue, I will have to say that your request is falling on deaf ears with me. If you cannot present any more compelling evidence than to tell the people here who you describe as "Loving your country like most guns nuts" than to instruct us to "Look into, I mean real research, (as real as it can be online anyways) and see for yourself", you need to put some more effort into your passion for polar bears.

As far as Al Gore is concerned he has made a very profitable business out of Global Warming. He pays "carbon credits" to himself more or less, and he encourages others (suckers) to invest in "carbon offsets" and "carbon credits" that go into his pockets and the pockets of other unscrupulous people like him. Your discrediting him does not in any way give your position any more credibility any more than your parting shot that "Americans and being as dumb as we are" does.

This is just the opinion on one dumb-ass, gun loving and Second Amendment-embracing American.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
How is donating to polar bear rescue encouraging the slaughter of baby seals?
Polar bears eat baby seals. (not to be confused with SEALS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Dodger- the WWF DOES have a good rating as charities go- see link:http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4770 Before anyone whips out a checkbook for ANY charity, I would urge them to find out a bit about what the money truly gets spent ON. I am not going to get into a pissing contest over which is best (and will not tolerate anyone that thinks they should)- but there ARE some big name charities that are spending big bucks on admin, and salaries for their senior staff. Check it out- ANY charity
The administrative costs of the NRA trouble me.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #16

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
We all know nothing can eat a SEAL, they would just cut their way back out.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #17

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

The administrative costs of the NRA trouble me.
Thanks for fielding that ball for me vikingdad. Woc I was trying to be funny, kind of. In hindsight, I guess it was a poor atempt at humor.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Thanks for fielding that ball for me vikingdad. Woc I was trying to be funny, kind of. In hindsight, I guess it was a poor atempt at humor.
you are welcome I guesss.. Not at all a poor attempt.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
We all know nothing can eat a SEAL, they would just cut their way back out.
OK, a SEAL can be eaten but won't be stomached. At least not for long.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #20

Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

My problem with the "endangered species" thing is if you listen to the eco nuts every damn thing on the planet is endangered. If al gore lies about everything else how can you trust him on this topic. I've been around almost 6 decades and I've been hearing the cry of "endangered" every decade and yet the elephants, tigers, lions and yes even the polar bears are still here.

It's like waking up everyday and saying today is the day I'm going to die, sooner or later you will be correct. These same people have been pushing their theories of evolution on everybody, well evolution says if you can't adapt to change then you die. Now they want us to donate money to stop evolution. WTF?