Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Life's greatest questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Life's greatest questions...

Why is it that can I sleep on white sheets, wear a yellow shirt and dry myself with a red towel but at the end of the day my belly button fluff is always blue??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

Ummmmm- mold?

BTW, I see that you are a fan of Rule 303.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Why is it you never see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Why... my belly button fluff is always blue??
Is it the same color blue as the outside of a Foster's?... Might have somethin' to do with the way you hold your beer on your belly between gulps.

Gravity... There's a phenomenon for ya'... I mean the reality of people on opposite sides of the planet standing sole to sole... except for the distance... kinda' boggles my mind.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

WHY IS IT THAT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I REMEMBER TO LIFT THE SEAT, SHE ONLY WALKS IN DURING THE TIMES THAT I FORGET?

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Is it the same color blue as the outside of a Foster's?... Might have somethin' to do with the way you hold your beer on your belly between gulps.
Lol no one in Australia drinks that sh!t, it's just a joke we pull on internationals to see if we can get them to endure it's crap taste... Reminds me of when we had some American exchange students come to our school; a few of my mates who were hosts each placed a jar of Vegemite in the shower, wet the outside a little and took big hand scoops out of it. They explained to the exchange students that as well as being a breakfast spread that it also worked wonders as a hair serum. In the morning there was a group of American girls all walking around smelling distinctively of Vegemite

Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Lol no one in Australia drinks that sh!t, it's just a joke we pull on internationals to see if we can get them to endure it's crap taste... Reminds me of when we had some American exchange students come to our school; a few of my mates who were hosts each placed a jar of Vegemite in the shower, wet the outside a little and took big hand scoops out of it. They explained to the exchange students that as well as being a breakfast spread that it also worked wonders as a hair serum. In the morning there was a group of American girls all walking around smelling distinctively of Vegemite
Dude, that is some seriously funny sh*t. Effed up, but funny.

Vegemite is definitely an acquired taste. I've never acquired it.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Lol no one in Australia drinks that sh!t, it's just a joke we pull on internationals to see if we can get them to endure it's crap taste...
Got it... So just out of curiosity, what brands do Aussie beer-lovers mostly drink?
P.S.: Forgive my ignorance on this subject... but I'm wondering about the gun production scene in Australia... I've never seen "Made in Australia" on a gun... what's the deal?... and... What guns are particularly popular there?

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Last edited by Alchemist; 09-28-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Auslach, I might of found your answer........hey this guy is from Australia too!

Got this from Wikipedia.

In 2001, Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki of the University of Sydney, Australia, undertook a systematic survey to determine the ins and outs of navel lint. His primary findings were as follows:[1]

Navel lint consists primarily of stray fibres from one's clothing, mixed with some dead skin cells and strands of body hair.
Contrary to expectations, navel lint appears to migrate upwards from underwear rather than downwards from shirts or tops. The migration process is the result of the frictional drag of body hair on underwear, which drags stray fibres up into the navel.
Women experience less navel lint because of their finer and shorter body hairs. Conversely, older men experience it more because of their coarser and more numerous hairs.
Navel lint's color appears in a characteristic blue-grey. The color is most likely an average of all clothing colors worn.[2]
The existence of navel lint is entirely harmless, and requires no corrective action.
Dr. Kruszelnicki was awarded the Ig Nobel Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in 2002,[3] presented for "achievements that cannot or should not be repeated".

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Got it... So just out of curiosity, what brands do Aussie beer-lovers mostly drink?
P.S.: Forgive my ignorance on this subject... but I'm wondering about the gun production scene in Australia... I've never seen "Made in Australia" on a gun... what's the deal?... and... What guns are particularly popular there?
There are a few that are quite popular, XXXX (pronounced four-x), Tooheys, VB, and Pure Blonde.. These seen to be the 'mainstay' beers, and are avaliable just about nation-wide along with other various others.

To the best of my knowledge, gun production in Australia is non-existant, we import all of the firearms that are used.

While I have no idea what guns are popular with the pistol shooters (ask zhuk, he'll probably know), Aussie hunters carry a wide variety of rifles. You probably know this, but autoloading rifles of any kind are just about outlawed in Australia, so most hunters carry a bolt-action. Ruger, Weatherby, Savage and Remington are all popular, as are the entire range of calibres; from .222's for long range foxing to the .338 magnums and even .458 Lott for Sambar deer and Buffalo. The 'Varminter' as you guys know it is virtually non-existant over here, as we don't very often have the opportunity for multiple shots in one location, unless we happen on a paticularly active rabbit warren. Because of this, the majority of rifles sold here are of the sporter or 'walking varminter' variety such as the Ruger Predator.

Rimfire rifles also have a large following in Australia and there will be very few farmers who don't have a .22 lr or magnum locked up somewhere in the house. CZ Brno in particular have an envious reputation over here as the most durable, dependable and accurate rimfire rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
Auslach, I might of found your answer........hey this guy is from Australia too!

Got this from Wikipedia.

In 2001, Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki of the University of Sydney, Australia, undertook a systematic survey to determine the ins and outs of navel lint. His primary findings were as follows:[1]

Navel lint consists primarily of stray fibres from one's clothing, mixed with some dead skin cells and strands of body hair.
Contrary to expectations, navel lint appears to migrate upwards from underwear rather than downwards from shirts or tops. The migration process is the result of the frictional drag of body hair on underwear, which drags stray fibres up into the navel.
Women experience less navel lint because of their finer and shorter body hairs. Conversely, older men experience it more because of their coarser and more numerous hairs.
Navel lint's color appears in a characteristic blue-grey. The color is most likely an average of all clothing colors worn.[2]
The existence of navel lint is entirely harmless, and requires no corrective action.
Dr. Kruszelnicki was awarded the Ig Nobel Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in 2002,[3] presented for .
Amoroque! Thankyou, I can finally stop being distracted by what's going on in my belly button!!

"Achievements that cannot or should not be repeated".. You made me laugh at that one, thanks!