LGS Loyalty - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

LGS Loyalty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1310 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Just an update of the last week or so. I've been around at 3 other LGS and Gander/Bass Pro. I have now confirmed that my usual LGS has gone overpriced. I have found a couple examples where he is higher than Bass Pro and Gander. This is comparing the same new guns. I've always considered those places to be the high water standard of gun prices. Guess my loyalty will be going where my dollar goes farthest from now on.
In most cases,it's almost impossible for a LGS to compete with the prices that the Big Box stores offer.They are like Wal-Mart and get better prices from the wholesaler's because they by in quantity,whereas most LGS's only buy a couple of this and that at a time.
I always give my LGS the first chance of selling me the goods that I'm wanting,and if there's not a big difference in the price,they get my business.
I would rather give my money to someone that I actually know,than to a big corporation that doesn't really care about the customer.

Now,if I see my LGS price gouging items,I do take my business elsewhere. I no longer buy my primers/powder from them.They have raised their prices because of the mad rush,and it is on items that they have had in stock for a long time,not that they had a price increase from their distributer.
I told the owner that unless he sold me those items at their previous prices,that he had lost a long time customer-And he has lost one!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #12

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
In most cases,it's almost impossible for a LGS to compete with the prices that the Big Box stores offer.They are like Wal-Mart and get better prices from the wholesaler's because they by in quantity,whereas most LGS's only buy a couple of this and that at a time.
I always give my LGS the first chance of selling me the goods that I'm wanting,and if there's not a big difference in the price,they get my business.
I would rather give my money to someone that I actually know,than to a big corporation that doesn't really care about the customer.

Now,if I see my LGS price gouging items,I do take my business elsewhere. I no longer buy my primers/powder from them.They have raised their prices because of the mad rush,and it is on items that they have had in stock for a long time,not that they had a price increase from their distributer.
I told the owner that unless he sold me those items at their previous prices,that he had lost a long time customer-And he has lost one!
My LGS is usually a little cheaper than the big box stores. Not by a ton of money but by a few dollars. That seems to have turned. Not that I am taking my business to a big box store. I just have three other LGSs that I am friendly with. One I do some ammo business with and the other two have been reloading supplies.

As an interesting happenstance, I just bought a Taurus M44 from one that I buy a lot of reloading supplies from. In the box was the tag from my regular gun LGS with a sales price of $500 for the gun w/scope mount and holster. I bought the gun for $375 by itself. The scope mount is $40 and the holster really depends on quality.

What was your old LGS up to on primers? I've been in the $33/1000 range for CCI.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #13

Liked 183 Times on 163 Posts

I stay loyal to two of my local lgs they give me discounts cause I know them so well. One for range time and ammo and one for guns but just recently the lgs I got to for ammo is now limiting one box per person so I'm now buying it at the lgs I get my guns from.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7998 Times on 4375 Posts
Likes Given: 7742

Many LGS are members of l;arge buyer co-ops and get carload pricing. some pass the savings on, but most are too greedy.

Or at least they did before political correctness