LGS Loyalty
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > LGS Loyalty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default LGS Loyalty

I've been staying pretty loyal to a LGS as far as buying guns go. Probably my last 6-7 in the past 6-9 months. I've lately been noticing that his prices are getting higher than some of what I am seeing elsewhere. I stopped in the other day and mentioned that I was looking for a Ruger GP100 as my next gun and to see if he could get me one. He didn't seem real interested in ordering me one and when I checked back on Friday he had to ask what I was looking for. Obviously he had not made an effort to get one.

Maybe its just that things have been real busy since everything in the gun world went crazy. How many of you stay loyal to one shop? Or, do you always shop around when it is time to buy a new gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm one of those types that likes to do business with those that have done me right before. It does seem though with the huge rise in sales that there are some shops that are not dong the personal service thing as well as they had. Maybe it is business is booming and they just have trouble keeping up. Maybe it's booming and they just don't think they need to anymore. But I always keep that kind of stuff in the back of my mind and will taker it all into account when I do go gun shopping again.

Honestly I have not done a whole lot of buying since the increase just because I despise crowds. But I do go in for ammo and other misc things that I want or need. A couple shops have been enjoying the price boom a little more than I would have thought. Those people will not get business form me again.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

dango Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
BZ3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I always shop around for the best deal. It would be nice to just stick with one LGS but I'm all about getting a great price.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Closest town is Lawton, OK. Lawton does not have a gun store since Gibson's closed. We do have numerous ripoff pawnshops with FFLs. The closest gun store is in Duncan, OK. That guys prices are sky high and i will not buy from him. i buy my guns from Wal-Mart or through a pawn broker in another town. The pawn broker charges $40 above his dealers cost.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ3 View Post
I always shop around for the best deal. It would be nice to just stick with one LGS but I'm all about getting a great price.
That is why I have been buying exclusively from him. Everytime I would price out a gun, he has had the lowest price and lower than what is commonly reported here on FirearmsTalk. Last few I have looked at he is higher by a bit than what is being reported as sales prices.

Here is a case in point: I picked up an LC9 NRA Special Edition in Nov for $370. Stopped by the other day and he got 3 in and now the price is $430. I don't know whether these have gone up from the distributors or if it is just his prices that have gone up.

I'm starting to think that I might start buying from whoever has the best price in the area and to heck with staying loyal to one dealer.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6607 Times on 3681 Posts
Likes Given: 6264

I usually buy online or through my club that has a FFL. In this part of the country most LGS are as big of a ripoff as pawn shops. There's a police supply about 50 miles south that I use at times.

Loyalty to LGS?? Nope!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3461 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 19298

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Closest town is Lawton, OK. Lawton does not have a gun store since Gibson's closed. We do have numerous ripoff pawnshops with FFLs. The closest gun store is in Duncan, OK. That guys prices are sky high and i will not buy from him. i buy my guns from Wal-Mart or through a pawn broker in another town. The pawn broker charges $40 above his dealers cost.
You have a pawn shop ? Damn city folk..! I ain't seen a pawn shop in two years,but we do got a great sports store with-in 20 miles..!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 402 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Call the lake ranger for the City of Duncan. He lives at Clear Creek and he's an FFL dealer. He's done me right in the past. You might try Danny's Pawn on E. Main or SMF solutions on S. 81. I've done business with both of em and they are good folks for the most part.
And yup, Murf thinks highly of what he has on the shelf.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

dango Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
BZ3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks

That is why I have been buying exclusively from him. Everytime I would price out a gun, he has had the lowest price and lower than what is commonly reported here on FirearmsTalk. Last few I have looked at he is higher by a bit than what is being reported as sales prices.

Here is a case in point: I picked up an LC9 NRA Special Edition in Nov for $370. Stopped by the other day and he got 3 in and now the price is $430. I don't know whether these have gone up from the distributors or if it is just his prices that have gone up.

I'm starting to think that I might start buying from whoever has the best price in the area and to heck with staying loyal to one dealer.
I heard some where that Ruger has really marked up there firearms over this whole gun scare, not exactly sure why but maybe that's it. The way I see if I'm getting a good deal is I look on buds, account for shipping and or tax and a FFL and if it's around buds price plus an extra $50 or so depending on the gun, sounds good to me.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just an update of the last week or so. I've been around at 3 other LGS and Gander/Bass Pro. I have now confirmed that my usual LGS has gone overpriced. I have found a couple examples where he is higher than Bass Pro and Gander. This is comparing the same new guns. I've always considered those places to be the high water standard of gun prices. Guess my loyalty will be going where my dollar goes farthest from now on.