LGS Ethics? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > LGS Ethics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I do my best to support local businesses. Small operations don't get the wholesale prices that large companies do, so they will always be more expensive. The real question is how much is it worth to you to have that local business be there when you need it?

I completely understand that money is tight and spending it on guns, although fun, is still an expensive proposition. See if he can get you closer in price and go with the local guy if you can.

Totally your call, but that's my two pennies worth.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Thirty three years ago I went into my LGS, Bill Laughridge's shop right about the time he started calling it Cylinder and Slide. I wanted to buy The Lovely Mrs a 94 Winchester, they had them on sale at the Coast to Coast store for $75. I told him I'd rather buy it from him if he could come close. He said "I can't buy them for that. Go get it." But he was pleased I gave him the opportunity.