Letter from MidwayUSA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Letter from MidwayUSA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2007 Times on 1173 Posts
Likes Given: 4232

Default Letter from MidwayUSA

Posting this in the Club House for all to see. I got this morning in my email.

Another reason I will continue to purchase from them!

Dear Valued Customer,

In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.

Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.

We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.

One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.

As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.

Thanks for Your Business!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Always nice to read something like that from a company that cares about it's customers!

Read somewhere that they had joined the boycott on states that have passed draconian gun laws.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand.
That's enough for me to continue supporting them. Not the prices. But the honesty. Priceless.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

As soon as I saw they were part of the boycott (Here's the entire list) I was very pleased.

Cheaper than Dirt, however, will have to do a little more work to get on my nice list after they stopped selling firearms and then changed their story about why they did it.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
People Like This 
Old 02-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #5

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Midway USA is awesome, and Larry Porterfield is a customer service and courtesy Saint, as are those he's employed in that capacity.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Only problem, ammo selection and parts is bad, no tellin' when the stockpiles will be back to normal.

Last night "23 Feb 13", did a ammo check on all surplus and other online sites. I found only 38 Special, did not order after reading the print.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Only problem, ammo selection and parts is bad, no tellin' when the stockpiles will be back to normal.

Last night "23 Feb 13", did a ammo check on all surplus and other online sites. I found only 38 Special, did not order after reading the print.
as far a ssupply of certain items, they are at the same boat as the rest of us.

i like MidwayUSA and they are always my first choice. glad to see my decision reinforced by that letter. excellent company to do business with.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
as far a ssupply of certain items, they are at the same boat as the rest of us.

i like MidwayUSA and they are always my first choice. glad to see my decision reinforced by that letter. excellent company to do business with.
My wallet hates me for liking MidwayUSA!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
My wallet hates me for liking MidwayUSA!
i hear ya! if i'm not on there website at least every couple of days i start to have panic attacks!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i hear ya! if i'm not on there website at least every couple of days i start to have panic attacks!
Shouldn't that statement be under the "You might be a gun nut if" topic?

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

axxe55 Likes This