Lets say you are going away in the wilderness for 2 months, what would you bring??? - Page 38
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lets say you are going away in the wilderness for 2 months, what would you bring???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 03:41 AM   #371
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 539 Times on 325 Posts

I would take the bible and couple other books, a radio and ammo for what weapon I was taking with me .
And I would do just fine.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #372

Liked 780 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Picture the old movie 'The Shining'. You are going away for 2 months far away from anyone. What would you take with you to keep your sanity? Any ideas? No phone, no internet. But you have electricity.

A few firearms
A ****ton of ammo
Strike anywhere matches
Knives
And som Road Racing World magazines. They start fires after read

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #373
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i sure hope Anna is doing okay up there in those deep dark and cold woods by herself.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #374
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6859 Times on 3442 Posts
Likes Given: 7435

I think this thread drifted to a SHTF scenario instead of a Scared the Sh1t out of me one that Anna Envoked! Honestly, that movie freaked me out for sure. Firstly, all the guns in the world aint keeping the ghosts away no how, "Ghost dont Care" about Guns, Ghost just keeps F'n with you! Gotta have a good ghost hunter kit, silver cross and a bible as SSGSF said, Ghosts dont like Bibles but dont fear crosses. Then Im wanting a Samurai Sword, they never jamb or FTF, they dont work on Ghosts but probably would keep "The Voice in Johnie's Mouth" from taking you out with a Butcher Knife. A 1911 would be nice just in case the insanity gets to the point I have to shoot myself but When your trapped in a Hotel in the middle of nowhere for the winter, youve got to keep you whits about you at all times!

First moment I realize Im trapped in a Terrorist Ghost Murder Death Hotel, I evaluate my situation. If Im alone, all I have is ghosts to worry about; if anyone is with me, were gonna have some rules or one of us has to go and its not me! Find a strong room, fill it with food, try to keep the generator running and wait for spring! Note to self, If I make it to spring alive, its time to get another job....

Old 12-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #375
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1493 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I think this thread drifted to a SHTF scenario instead of a Scared the Sh1t out of me one that Anna Envoked! Honestly, that movie freaked me out for sure. Firstly, all the guns in the world aint keeping the ghosts away no how, "Ghost dont Care" about Guns, Ghost just keeps F'n with you! Gotta have a good ghost hunter kit, silver cross and a bible as SSGSF said, Ghosts dont like Bibles but dont fear crosses. Then Im wanting a Samurai Sword, they never jamb or FTF, they dont work on Ghosts but probably would keep "The Voice in Johnie's Mouth" from taking you out with a Butcher Knife. A 1911 would be nice just in case the insanity gets to the point I have to shoot myself but When your trapped in a Hotel in the middle of nowhere for the winter, youve got to keep you whits about you at all times!

First moment I realize Im trapped in a Terrorist Ghost Murder Death Hotel, I evaluate my situation. If Im alone, all I have is ghosts to worry about; if anyone is with me, were gonna have some rules or one of us has to go and its not me! Find a strong room, fill it with food, try to keep the generator running and wait for spring! Note to self, If I make it to spring alive, its time to get another job....

Rule#1 - Don't fear the ghost. Ghost don't kill people, people terrified of ghosts kill themselves and other people!

Rule#2 - The writing on the wall from the dyslexic ghost is just a cry for attention (redrum).

Rule#3 - Stay away from parents in such situations, i.e. don't bother daddy while he's working and don't try to be mommie's little helper. Parents get cranky in isolated hotels.

Rule#4 - Have fun with it, i.e. enjoy the hedge maze, it's your friend. Offer to let the freaky little twins ride your tricycle - that could pay off big time in a few years.

Rule#5 - Don't argue with the psychotic person. It's their break from reality so who are you to try and ruin it for them.

Rule#6 - Remember walk and don't run. You can't out run anything no matter how fast you go, and you'll just keep falling anyway. Besides you should never run with scissors or a butcher knife in hand.

Rule#7 - Finally, and this is the most important one, don't ever ever ever pull anyone's finger if they tell you to! It won't end well.

Just a few rules to help with your stay in a terrorist ghost death murder hotel.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #376

Rule #1.......stay out of ghost infested murder hotels in the first place!

Rule #2.......see Rule #1.......

Old 12-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #377
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1493 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Rule #1.......stay out of ghost infested murder hotels in the first place!

Rule #2.......see Rule #1.......
Where the fun in that?

Old 12-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Where the fun in that?
sorry,,,,but i don't consider ghost infested murder hotels as being my definition of fun!

Old 12-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #379

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Guess I'd need to take Scatman Caruthers.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #380

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I'm just wondering how this topic offed itself to a discussion of

The Shining...