Lets say you are going away in the wilderness for 2 months, what would you bring??? - Page 37
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lets say you are going away in the wilderness for 2 months, what would you bring???

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #361
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 8,409
Liked 7172 Times on 3925 Posts
Likes Given: 14558

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
...I hear there are not many women in Alaska? Don't a lot of fatties & uglies go there because there are soooo many lonely men?
You spelled gold diggers wrong.
__________________

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

MisterMcCool is online now  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #362
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,757
Liked 3178 Times on 2158 Posts
Likes Given: 695

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
I told you! NO WIRE HANGERS... EVER!!!
"Joan Crawford has Risen, From the Grave...... "---Eric Bloom & Donald "Buck Darma " Roser: Blue Oyster Cult, from the album "Fire of unknown Origin"-1980..
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #363
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 190
Liked 58 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I'm a bit late to this party, however I just got back from 3 weeks up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I was winterizing my hunting cabin.. A little late in the season.

My cabin is in the morning ddle of nowhere. 35mi from the nearest town. Not another house within 5mi, and it's not secluded enough for my liking.

Any how, I always hit Barnes and and Noble when I am heading up there. I have no internet, natural gas, plumhing, electricity is from a generator, etc...

Lots of work to be done around the place. Wood needs to be split and stacked, Water brought in from the hand well.

Starting next year I am going to be looking for some place not to far away that is near water. I am going to build another cabin. This one will have all the luxuries of home, and will be woman friendly... LOL

__________________

Last edited by Jake86; 12-19-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Jake86 is offline  
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #364
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,980
Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake86 View Post
I'm a bit late to this party, however I just got back from 3 weeks up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I was winterizing my hunting cabin.. A little late in the season.

My cabin is in the morning ddle of nowhere. 35mi from the nearest town. Not another house within 5mi, and it's not secluded enough for my liking.

Any how, I always hit Barnes and and Noble when I am heading up there. I have no internet, natural gas, plumhing, electricity is from a generator, etc...

Lots of work to be done around the place. Wood needs to be split and stacked, Water brought in from the hand well.

Starting next year I am going to be looking for some place not to far away that is near water. I am going to build another cabin. This one will have all the luxuries of home, and will be woman friendly... LOL
There is a lot to be said for all of the comforts, even if you can do without them.

Maybe it would just be easier to find a woman who likes your existing cabin?
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #365
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,678
Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Maybe it would just be easier to find a woman who likes your existing cabin?
No, I'm sure it would be much easier for him to build a new one!
__________________
TLuker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #366
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
No, I'm sure it would be much easier for him to build a new one!
even if he found that woman, at some point she is going to want a new cabin anyways!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #367
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Steel_Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochise County,AZ
Posts: 1,746
Liked 973 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

Default

Much can be said about Teepee living.

__________________
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.
Steel_Talon is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #368
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,980
Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
even if he found that woman, at some point she is going to want a new cabin anyways!
Good point. find a woman that says she likes the cabin you have, then build what she really wants together!
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #369
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 544
Liked 235 Times on 151 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Wire coat hangers have fixed more things than all other things combined (even duct tape)!
Beg to differ: rawhide has fixed more things than hangers, bailing wire, duct tape, and zip ties combined. Think about it, rawhide has been there since before humans figured out how to weave cloth, and only lost "market share" in the last century.
__________________
jigs-n-fixture is offline  
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #370
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,641
Liked 1974 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 1008

Default

Your avatar.

__________________
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Legal to bring rifle into a Wilderness Area for bear defense? wmeyer116 Hunting Forum 6 10-12-2013 06:46 PM
The Wilderness Instructor Belt CSM Review AR10 Firearm Accessories & Gear 1 07-11-2013 07:39 PM
Wilderness Shelter? TLuker Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 2 11-13-2012 03:23 AM
Primitive Skills....and Wilderness Living. whitestone Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 2 07-19-2007 06:01 AM