Let's Lie on Our Resume! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Let's Lie on Our Resume!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 402 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmim

alright already!!!!!!!

Last edited by ineverFTF; 09-09-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #22

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I was kidnapped by some alien guy calling himself the Doctor. He took me away in a blue box he called a Tardis, but which was actually a spaceship also capable of time travel. I managed to get away from him, someplace in Germany, back in the 1300s. In a castle there I met some friendly monks but we were attacked. I showed the monks how to make gunpowder and cannon and we defeated the attackers. Shortly afterwards I was recaptured by Doctor who this time took me to someplace near India about 5,000 years ago. Again I escaped. I saw commercial opportunity in helping local merchants. I invented a form of writing they could use called sanskript and showed them how to make somewhat durable clay tablets. I was known locally to them as Gilgamesh and I had many adventures before the Doctor encountered me again and recaptured me. When we were passing through this year I gained control of the alien's spaceship using a tool he called a sonic screwdriver. Dropping back a few hundred years I marooned him on an island in the Java Sea called Krakatoa, then came back to this time and turned the Tardis thing over to the USAF for study (keeping a few trinkets for myself) at Area 51 where it is stored in Hanger 13. I would like a job because my patent attorney tells me that securing patents on some of the wondrous trinkets I salvaged from the alien's Tardis so the devices could be marketed will be expensive, so I need to raise some cash. I also need some money so I can go back to Asia and recover some gold and rare gems I buried there as Gilgamesh. I know the coordinates and what the caches are probably worth, so if you could just spot me 12 million I will sell you the information.

Last edited by superc; 09-09-2012 at 01:18 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #23

Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

I worked at Acme Corp for 12 years, until 2009. I was laid off due to economy cuts.

Then I I wanted to enrich myself culturally so I did 3 years in Iraq as a freelance photo journalist . You've seen some of my photos im sure in such magazines as Time , Soldier of fortune and in several newspapers such as the New york times and The Washington Herald.

At the close of the 3 years one of my collegues was kidnapped by hezbollah rebels that had been infiltrating Iraq from Iran to fight coalition forces and a week later at a hotel outside of fallujah a yellow envelope with a photo of my collegue's severed head was enclosed with the words " Go now " written on the picture. After I had mourned for 3 days . I left Iraq and here I am . And I believe my experience there has taught me about who I am and that I flourish under pressure and think I would be a asset to the company.

thats terrible ... hahah I couldn't lie .. it would probably look more like

I worked at Acme Corp for 12 years, until 2009. I was laid off due to economy cuts.

Then I came here hoping you'd hire me BITCH!
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Or you could do actually something that you would think would impress your prospective employeer. Threre are a lot of good causes that can use help. Then you could proudly finish your resume truthfully.
It's in the Club House for a reason, it's not meant to be heavy and life changing.
lightenup.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #25

Liked 402 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

It's in the Club House for a reason, it's not meant to be heavy and life changing.
That picture is my new background on my ipad
People Like This