Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lets hear some good quotes about gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 840 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default Lets hear some good quotes about gun control

I will start it off....

Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.

JP-USN 20 years retired
Alway keep your six covered

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."- Thomas Jefferson

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."- Sigmund Freud

Really like this one:

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."- Clint Eastwood

Last edited by rocshaman; 02-19-2013 at 03:36 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 16886

THOU SHANT SHOOT THY MOTHER-IN-LAW..!

And it was written, (Dang).!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 16886

Every good business man knows the "Business end of Business".!

Samuel Colt was a little man with rather large ideas..!

You made the choice to live on the evil edge , I only helped to believe in yue..!

Every man that walks the path of righteousness walks so on the earth stupid fertilizer.!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2632 Times on 1535 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

"I am in support of the NRA position on gun control. "
William J. Clinton

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1671 Times on 1018 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2gun View Post
On a couple of rare occassions I have broken out this quote in defense of myself when verbally attacked by non-gun owners. It seems to work to defuse their anger. I think many people have never met a bad person and rarely consider how to react in a violent confrontation. Since my wife and I are approaching our 86th wedding anniversary I'm not sure about the current dating scene, but I think this quote would be equally useful. By the way, that eighty six years break down as 43 years for my wife and 43 years for me. of course, my 43 years are measured in dog years.

"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family.' And anyone who objects levels the deadliest insult possible: 'I don't trust you unless you're rendered harmless'!" -- L. Neil Smith, http://www.jpfo.org/
Credit where credit is due. Nice find Rick2Gun!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5131 Times on 2926 Posts
Likes Given: 4339

Reasonable gun control means hitting my target with every shot....right between the eyes.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5989 Times on 3280 Posts
Likes Given: 11452

WE SHOULD SAY: "Your claim that 'they're only for killing people' is imprecise. A gas chamber or electric chair is designed for killing people, and these devices obviously serve different functions than guns. To be precise, a high capacity military-type rifle or handgun is designed for CONFLICT. When I need to protect myself and my freedom, I want the most reliable, most durable, highest capacity weapon possible. The only thing hunting and target shooting have to do with freedom is that they're good practice."
From John Ross "Give it to them Straight." This guy makes a lot of good arguments for gun rights.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 326 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 149

You can have my guns. When you pry them from my cold, dead hands!

That is a pretty generic one.

"A free people ought to be armed."
- George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."
- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 840 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 80

A gun is like a parachute, if you ever need one and dont have one, most likey you will never need one again!!

JP-USN 20 years retired
Alway keep your six covered

molonlabexx Likes This