Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Let's all buy a truck.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Default Let's all buy a truck.

I may have to move back to Florida. Dealer giving away AK's with purchase of truck.

FREE AK

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Can't argue with that offer

Quote:
FOX 35 talked to the Sanford Police Chief about it and he says as long as the rules of gun ownership are followed, they're not concerned about because legal gun owners rarely give them trouble. The only worry they had was that a crook might steal an AK 47 and use it in a crime.
"Legal gun owners rarely give trouble"? What the hell are these guys on?

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1704 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 3479

My wife would, "No East Bloc in the house, even it is for free!"

Wife is German!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
My wife would, "No East Bloc in the house, even it is for free!"

Wife is German!

Makes sense, heh. It was many decades before my dad eventually broke down and bought a Japanese car

Quote:
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
"Legal gun owners rarely give trouble"? What the hell are these guys on?
It's just reality here. I can't vouch for how things are down under. Here in the U.S. it's the thugs that bypass the legal background check and carry stolen firearms that are the most dangerous in general. There is the occasional nut job that was on the edge but by and large, it's the gangbangers and wannabes that are inciting harm upon civilians and law enforcement. This is why firearms organization like the NRA are so important to us. They are often the only defense we have for keeping our right to bear arms safe. We know if they strip us of our firearms, only the dangerous criminals who are willing to steal them will be armed. We have a program in the US called CMP (Civillian Marksmanship Program). It is much less popular than it used to be. It was created by the government to endow legal citizens with the ability to defend themselves and our country with firearms in time of need. By meeting the requirements set forth by the CMP, one could receive a military surplus firearm from the Govt. We need to get back to our roots here and promote programs like this again. My only problem with giving away AK47's is that they are definitely not symbols of freedom. When I was growing up I seem to recall a local truck dealership commercial from Amarillo, Tx giving away Remington 870 shotguns. I wonder if anyone around here remembers that? That was in the 80's.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Last edited by fixxer; 02-04-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
It's just reality here. I can't vouch for how things are down under. Here in the U.S. it's the thugs that bypass the legal background check and carry stolen firearms that are the most dangerous in general. There is the occasional nut job that was on the edge but by and large, it's the gangbangers and wannabes that are inciting harm upon civilians and law enforcement. This is why firearms organization like the NRA are so important to us. They are often the only defense we have for keeping our right to bear arms safe. We know if they strip us of our firearms, only the dangerous criminals who are willing to steal them will be armed. We have a program in the US called CMP (Civillian Marksmanship Program). It is much less popular than it used to be. It was created by the government to endow legal citizens with the ability to defend themselves and our country with firearms in time of need. By meeting the requirements set forth by the CMP, one could receive a military surplus firearm from the Govt. We need to get back to our roots here and promote programs like this again. My only problem with giving away AK47's is that they are definitely not symbols of freedom. When I was growing up I seem to recall a local truck dealership commercial from Amarillo, Tx giving away Remington 870 shotguns. I wonder if anyone around here remembers that? That was in the 80's.

It would be a cold day in hell before my Govt (of any poliical persuasion) endorsed something as subversive as a "civilian marksmanship" program! So such a thing still exists in the US?

From what crap our Govt & media spout you'd think it was law-abiding firearm owners who were the real underground threat...hence the need to keep us tightly surveilled & controlled. The fact that 93% of firearms used in homicides were unlicensed and unregistered just doesn't seem to feature, for some reason

Quote: