Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Let's all buy a truck. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/lets-all-buy-truck-37881/)

Shihan 02-03-2011 10:00 PM

Let's all buy a truck.

I may have to move back to Florida. Dealer giving away AK's with purchase of truck.

FREE AK

zhuk 02-03-2011 10:23 PM

Can't argue with that offer :)

Quote:

FOX 35 talked to the Sanford Police Chief about it and he says as long as the rules of gun ownership are followed, they're not concerned about because legal gun owners rarely give them trouble. The only worry they had was that a crook might steal an AK 47 and use it in a crime.
"Legal gun owners rarely give trouble"? What the hell are these guys on? :eek:

Bigcountry02 02-03-2011 11:04 PM

My wife would, "No East Bloc in the house, even it is for free!" :(

Wife is German!

zhuk 02-03-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 436462)
My wife would, "No East Bloc in the house, even it is for free!" :(

Wife is German!

Makes sense, heh. It was many decades before my dad eventually broke down and bought a Japanese car :p

fixxer 02-04-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhuk (Post 436436)
"Legal gun owners rarely give trouble"? What the hell are these guys on? :eek:

It's just reality here. I can't vouch for how things are down under. Here in the U.S. it's the thugs that bypass the legal background check and carry stolen firearms that are the most dangerous in general. There is the occasional nut job that was on the edge but by and large, it's the gangbangers and wannabes that are inciting harm upon civilians and law enforcement. This is why firearms organization like the NRA are so important to us. They are often the only defense we have for keeping our right to bear arms safe. We know if they strip us of our firearms, only the dangerous criminals who are willing to steal them will be armed. We have a program in the US called CMP (Civillian Marksmanship Program). It is much less popular than it used to be. It was created by the government to endow legal citizens with the ability to defend themselves and our country with firearms in time of need. By meeting the requirements set forth by the CMP, one could receive a military surplus firearm from the Govt. We need to get back to our roots here and promote programs like this again. My only problem with giving away AK47's is that they are definitely not symbols of freedom. When I was growing up I seem to recall a local truck dealership commercial from Amarillo, Tx giving away Remington 870 shotguns. I wonder if anyone around here remembers that? That was in the 80's.

zhuk 02-04-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxer (Post 436535)
It's just reality here. I can't vouch for how things are down under. Here in the U.S. it's the thugs that bypass the legal background check and carry stolen firearms that are the most dangerous in general. There is the occasional nut job that was on the edge but by and large, it's the gangbangers and wannabes that are inciting harm upon civilians and law enforcement. This is why firearms organization like the NRA are so important to us. They are often the only defense we have for keeping our right to bear arms safe. We know if they strip us of our firearms, only the dangerous criminals who are willing to steal them will be armed. We have a program in the US called CMP (Civillian Marksmanship Program). It is much less popular than it used to be. It was created by the government to endow legal citizens with the ability to defend themselves and our country with firearms in time of need. By meeting the requirements set forth by the CMP, one could receive a military surplus firearm from the Govt. We need to get back to our roots here and promote programs like this again. My only problem with giving away AK47's is that they are definitely not symbols of freedom. When I was growing up I seem to recall a local truck dealership commercial from Amarillo, Tx giving away Remington 870 shotguns. I wonder if anyone around here remembers that? That was in the 80's.

It would be a cold day in hell before my Govt (of any poliical persuasion) endorsed something as subversive as a "civilian marksmanship" program! So such a thing still exists in the US?

From what crap our Govt & media spout you'd think it was law-abiding firearm owners who were the real underground threat...hence the need to keep us tightly surveilled & controlled. The fact that 93% of firearms used in homicides were unlicensed and unregistered just doesn't seem to feature, for some reason :rolleyes: