Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Let me add more fuel to the "Global Warming" fire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1024 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 318

I was out to dinner. Found out there is a gun show tomorrow, so I gotta research the best magazines for a Taurus 1911.

But just because there is snow on the ground in the US, does not negate global warming. Vancouver is trucking in snow, extreme weather is occurring.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Lookey here how cute

snow-002.jpg  

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 02-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Keep that white crap away from me!!!!!!!!!
C'mon Cane it'll grow on you! Once you get out of it after a 10 hr day that Bourbon will taste even better.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:57 AM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I was out to dinner. Found out there is a gun show tomorrow, so I gotta research the best magazines for a Taurus 1911.

But just because there is snow on the ground in the US, does not negate global warming. Vancouver is trucking in snow, extreme weather is occurring.
Just bustin' yer huevos.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #15

Liked 1024 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Just bustin' yer huevos.
I have the end all be all of evidence. It cannot be refuted.

Bill Nye says you are "unpatriotic" if you deny climate change.

Stephen Colbert and Bill Nye The Science Guy slam ‘Snowpocalypse’ global warming deniers (videos) | Daily Loaf

Once the patriot card has been played you cannot successfully argue against it. Therefore global warming is real and undeniable. Stephen Colbert is just icing on the cake and hilarious even if you disagree with what he's saying.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #16

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I have the end all be all of evidence. It cannot be refuted.

Bill Nye says you are "unpatriotic" if you deny climate change.

Stephen Colbert and Bill Nye The Science Guy slam ‘Snowpocalypse’ global warming deniers (videos) | Daily Loaf

Once the patriot card has been played you cannot successfully argue against it. Therefore global warming is real and undeniable. Stephen Colbert is just icing on the cake and hilarious even if you disagree with what he's saying.
Been watchin' him since The Daily Show.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:20 AM   #17

Default helpful snow hints

this is for you guys who don't have to handle snow often . it may help you look like your from the snowbelt .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING, VA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM PANIC FOR ALL COUNTIES AND CITIES IN VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND FOR SOME REASON OREGON.

Residents should take the following actions to insure the survival of the entire human race:

1. RUN, don't walk, to your nearest supermarket and purchase at least eight gallons of milk, six if you are lactose intolerant. Also buy large quantities of eggs, salt, cat food, bottled water, beer, and toilet paper.

2. Under no circumstances should you consider buying a snow shovel. If you already have a brush or scraper for your car, discard it immediately. You should only use one of the following items to clean off your car: a credit card (for ice), a magazine or newspaper (for snow), your hand, or a dustpan. Remember to clear only a tiny portion of your windshield and leave the rest of the snow and/or ice on your car for insulation from the cold.

3. If you must drive (for example, to the hospital, or to Wendy's for a vanilla Frosty) remember to put on your hazard lights and keep your speed under 5mph. All drivers should use the far left lane, especially on interstate highways. SUV drivers are exempt from these conditions; anyone in an SUV can and should drive as fast as possible because 4-wheel-drive makes you immune to dangerous driving conditions and also makes your penis 4" longer.

4. When clearing your front steps with the kitchen broom remember to only do a narrow path from your front door to your car, and possibly the mailbox if you're feeling frisky. Your elderly and/or disabled neighbors can fend for themselves. Civic-minded individuals may decide to sprinkle meager handfuls of rock salt on top of the snow, but only if accumulations reach 8" or higher. Rock salt is inefficient if there is less than 8" of snow, unless you put it out as SOON as snow starts to fall. In certain situations, boiling water can be used to clear steps of snow and ice; consult your local fire department for advice.

5. All area schools are closed until further notice; they will most likely reopen for a week in July. Local government offices are also closed; the federal government is open with liberal leave in effect.

6. Reagan National and Washington Dulles airports have closed all runways; Baltimore-Washington International is open and wondering what's going on. Amtrak has suspended service for the rest of the calendar year; MARC trains are running on a weekend schedule. VRE gave up and went home in December. Metro will run trains in underground stations on a regular schedule, but the drivers are all texting or watching videos on their phones so you'll have to jump on and off the train while it's moving. Metro bus service will run normally; however none of the bus stops are plowed or in any way cleaned of snow so you'll have to cross three lanes of traffic to board or debark.

THIS HAS BEEN AN EMERGENCY WEATHER ADVISORY FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING, VIRGINIA. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES AS THE SITUATION GETS WORSE.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #18

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Default There has been snow in Las Vegas in the past

December 30, 2003

December 17, 2008

And just in case there are doubters....the famous "Welcome to Las Vegas sign, December 17, 2008

So far, though, no snow here. Just one hell of a lot of rain. I see enough snow at the remote site I work at uprange to last me every freakin' year.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #19

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The view from my front porch in SC this morning:

img_0015.jpg  

Old 02-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #20

Snow Falling in 50 States

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm