Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Less than lethal home defence?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

There are alot of non-lethal alternatives out there widely availiable to the general public. Tasers, stun guns, pepper spray, rubber bullets, bean bag rounds, etc....

For my home I'm not interested in non-lethal defense for reasons already stated, it's ridiculous.

I'm not in my home laying in wait to kill some fool, but we should all be prepared to do what is necessary to protect our loved ones.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up the spoils. Luke 11:21-22

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #12

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
This seems a bit weird. Someone please correct me if I have the wrong idea...but I thought in the US it was pretty much required to be in fear for your life to be able to use firearms as a reason for self defence (not sure of more gun-friendly individual States ie Texas/Florida etc)
As noted, it does vary from state to state. In Nevada we don't have the "Castle Law" (yet...it was killing in committee last legislative session by the gun-grabber in charge of the committee) but here in Las Vegas, Metro won't bust your balls if you shoot an intruder inside your home. A friend, who has since moved to Texas, was involved in a home invasion robbery attempt. He let the perp have it with one double-aught buck shot from his Mossberg. Blew the guy away in the hallway outside his bedroom. One of the Metro officers who responded told him that even though he took the life of another, he did well and then suggested that he make sure he saw someone if he started having any problems dealing with having had taken a life. No repercussions. Called justifiable homicide and dismissed with no court time.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #13

Liked 1689 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 1131

I want to get a sign for my front door that says, "If you break in here, someone will carry you out!"