LEO Stop

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > LEO Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default LEO Stop

Got stopped yesterday on my way to work. Had my head up my bleep and was stopped at a radar stop for doing 35 in a 25 zone, at a place I know the locals frequent. Oh well, my bad, traffic school in my future.

However, the bad part was the LEO. Not a bad kid. Polite kid. Maybe a dumb kid. After he stopped me he he told me to pull behind his car and get out my license, insurance papers and registration. I got out my license and CCW from my wallet as I had the snubbie in the car. I then reached over and got my glove box open to get the rest. The LEO stopped at my passenger side window, turned and looked into the glove box like he was looking for a clue to some unsolved mystery. Now he was in plain view, and had I been a bad guy, I could have easily put a few rounds into him.

He looked at the paperwork, thanked me for showing him the CCW, and wrote the ticket. Like I said nice kid, and I was speeding. Should I quietly send an unsigned note into his chief to get him some more training? I don't want to get the kid in trouble, but he had to be violating all of the department traffic stop procedures, and I would hate to read about him in the paper.

What does this august forum think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I never, never, never let a car pull up behind my car. If the driver or passengers want to shoot at me I want him or them turned sideways and twisted into an uncomfortable position to do it.

Now for the glovebox issue, he doesn't know what you're reaching for in the glovebox and he needs to watch your hands. It's a good probability he had you and your hands in his vision even if he was exposed through the window.

I'm not saying he was right because I wasn't there, but IMO I'd let it go.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8876 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

What he said up there ^^^^^

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #4

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

he mighta been in position, but i bet he had "goosebumps" the size of akerns (i know acorns, that's just how we talk) after you handed him that CCW.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I think the opposite. Handing over a CCW indicates that you are a law abiding individual. Thugs don't apply for CCW.

Telling the officer up front that you're legally carrying probably puts him at ease, as opposed to the unknown of "Is this person hiding a weapon?"

Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If he was watching me as he stared into my glovebox it was with periferal vision. At that time I had not shown him my CCW as it was in my hand. I handed him all four documents at once.

There were two LEOs there. The other was back at the corner with a radar gun while he wrote me up. She was paying no attention to me at all.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #7

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
If he was watching me as he stared into my glovebox it was with periferal vision. At that time I had not shown him my CCW as it was in my hand. I handed him all four documents at once.

There were two LEOs there. The other was back at the corner with a radar gun while he wrote me up. She was paying no attention to me at all.

as i was referring to........he didn't know if you were GG or BG in that situation. i just don't understand why they want you to stay in your car, if i was writing tickets, you would be made to get out, and meet me by the FRONT OF MY CAR.

i am ALWAYS outta my truck, and to the back bumper, waiting on the LEO by the time he gets to me.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me