legally blind archer sets new world record

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > legally blind archer sets new world record

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default legally blind archer sets new world record

Blind but steady this south korean sets new mark. I would not call this guy handicapped, you may get a carbon shaft .

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/legally-blind-archer-helps-set-world-record-in-london/

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Did you see the archer that shoots with his foot? Amazing.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8185

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Did you see the archer that shoots with his foot? Amazing.
I wholeheartedly agree. Handicapped is a state of mind. If you just give up, you will get nowhere and then you are handicapped. If you say to yourself, "I will NOT let this hold me back or stop me from doing what I did before." You are not. Perseverance is the difference maker.

I know this from bitter experience. Six years ago, I lost the front half of my left foot (from the arch forward) and a close friend of mine lost his left leg at mid thigh. Both of us had to rethink our lives at that point, and both of us stayed positive and set small goals at first. as those goals were met, we set bigger ones. We currently teach self-defense classes to the "disabled" at our local comunity centers. I have another friend who lost his hand over in the sandbox. He had his prostetic guy build him an arm\release combo for hunting and competion. He took third place in the summer archery league last year (my wife was #9, and I was #16 out of 137 participants), and he nailed a nice ten pointer last fall. It's all about the attitude, keep it positive and don't give up, and you can accomplish what you set out to do.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #4

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Handicapped definitely is only a state of mind. We've had people join this forum to ask advice and thoughts/opinions because they wanted to become competitive shooters....
With the use of only one arm and one leg. I wonder whatever happened to that guy...

Old 07-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8185

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Handicapped definitely is only a state of mind. We've had people join this forum to ask advice and thoughts/opinions because they wanted to become competitive shooters....
With the use of only one arm and one leg. I wonder whatever happened to that guy...
Kinda wondering about him myself. I haven't seen any posts from hin in a while.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 07-28-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 678

that was cool. those are some high tech bows they have. is that like a 6ft stabalizer?

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #7

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Kinda wondering about him myself. I haven't seen any posts from hin in a while.
He stopped in a while back, I think he had tried a couple guns and was looking for advice on a different one. It was a stroke wasn't it?