Laws in kansas for protecting yourself from a loose dangerous dog? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Laws in kansas for protecting yourself from a loose dangerous dog?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy88

Well in that article the warning shot was directed at another person. My warning shot was directed at a mean animal that had me in backed in a corner. I refuse to be afraid to go outside my house.
If a dog had me backed in a corner on my property and was acting aggressively it would be dead.

Feral cat waterboarder

partdeux Likes This 
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
If a dog had me backed in a corner on my property and was acting aggressively it would be dead.
no doubt...

Next time the dog may not be threatening, or might go after someone unable to defend themselves.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #33

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

I talked to the county dog warden after my wife saw some wild dogs attack a whitetale buck 100 yards from my front door. He said never hesitate to take care of a problem, its not worth risking a kid or yourself if they are attacking a deer. Enough for me.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #34
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

For sure, if it backed you in to a corner, you would have every right to shoot. 45acp in the head or the chest. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #35

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I have the same problem with a neighbors dog, it's big black and has shown to be very aggressive. It killed our rabbit that got out of our cage right in front of my 11 yr old daughter in my yard. I told the neighbors about it and they offered to replace the rabbit or $20, I have not seen a rabbit or $20 yet. I mow next to the fence and the dog will bark at me, I just think if he comes in my yard and barks at me, I will shoot it! It look like a rotweiler. They also have a little chiwawa that will come over and try to get the cat food, the cats will open a can of w/a on him and send him home.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #36

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

My dad shot our neighbors dog that was in our yard chasing our chickens. He hit it in the front paw, and it ran off jumped a 6 foot fence, pretty impresive for being wounded.

The next morning we were driving to work, and the neighbor was in his driveway tending the dog, with its doggy cast on. My dad rolled down the window of his truck and said "Keep your dog away from my chickens or I'll shoot another paw off!"

After that whenever a dog in the neighborhood went missing, they would blame him, but he only shot the one dog.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

In MI, I believe you can shoot a dog attacking livestock, but you can't shoot it for attacking your dog. If the dog is heading towards you and you fear for your life, then shoot the damn thing.

Anti gun neighbor was attacked by a pit while walking her dog. I happened to be carrying when she warned me about the pit, and I said shoot the damn dog next time. I actually think I saw a light bulb go off in her head.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #38

Its easier to ask for forgivness then for permission