Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   law enforcement (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/law-enforcement-55457/)

stoppingpower 01-14-2012 01:42 AM

law enforcement

Thinking about getting in law enforcement but not sure were to start or what I need to get started. If i get in do I choose if I wanna be a town cop, sheriff or highway patrolman? How do shifts work what's the pay start are their good perks? What about the academy is that rough( which I don't care if it is) but nice to know please help

Sonic82 01-14-2012 01:47 AM

My son went to college, earned a BA in Law Enforcement. He started applying once finished and finally nailed a Police Officer job at the Mpls/St. Paul airport...a great job and he loves it.

trip286 01-14-2012 01:50 AM

Like a lot of other jobs, you can go to the head honcho (local police chief) and they will tell you pretty much all you need to know.

downsouth 01-14-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower
Thinking about getting in law enforcement but not sure were to start or what I need to get started. If i get in do I choose if I wanna be a town cop, sheriff or highway patrolman? How do shifts work what's the pay start are their good perks? What about the academy is that rough( which I don't care if it is) but nice to know please help

Do I remember right, that you are pulling down 60k in wyoming. I believe you said that in a post about 3 weeks ago. If that's the case, I don't think you will match it. Maybe?

stoppingpower 01-14-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth

Do I remember right, that you are pulling down 60k in wyoming. I believe you said that in a post about 3 weeks ago. If that's the case, I don't think you will match it. Maybe?

Yeah your Right I said that. But I want something more outta life. Yeah I sit here and lick my self for 12 hrs and get paid good but still I want something more?? Do u no what I mean.. its gard to explain

Vikingdad 01-14-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower (Post 676516)
Yeah your Right I said that. But I want something more outta life. Yeah I sit here and lick my self for 12 hrs and get paid good but still I want something more?? Do u no what I mean.. its gard to explain

What, exactly, "more" out of life do you want? Do you think that law enforcement will provide it? That should provide your answer.

In my experience it is hard to get much out of life when working for somebody else.

trip286 01-14-2012 02:14 AM

Wait, you lick yourself for a living?

stoppingpower 01-14-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad

What, exactly, "more" out of life do you want? Do you think that law enforcement will provide it? That should provide your answer.

In my experience it is hard to get much out of life when working for somebody else.

I think where I'm getting at is Id like to help people out

Vikingdad 01-14-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower (Post 676525)
I think where I'm getting at is Id like to help people out

Many ways of doing that. Law enforcement is one.

stoppingpower 01-14-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Many ways of doing that. Law enforcement is one.

Yeah I'm going to ask some of the cops around here and see what they have to say