Law enforcement - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Law enforcement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Lol. I looked it up and unfortunately don't understand the joke...
Sorry!
As I understand it, only licensed police officers are allowed to possess weapons in Chicago.... The mayor and aldermen got themselves declared peace officers so they can carry their own weapons.... A few got in trouble using guns, so they exempted themselves from the gun bans....

9x18=Makarov

Old 11-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Become a Chicago alderman..... it's like being a police officer and a criminal at the same time....
Aint that the d*mned truth.

With my experiences in Military law enforcement, I was able to get hired on as a police officer in a southern state two days after I applied for the job and two days before I came off active duty as an MP instructor. I didn't have to go to a academy right away.
I can go to Florida with my MP MOS in the Military and join about any police dept. there without an academy.
But if I were to join federal law enforcement, I believe I'll need some college, but I don't believe in ever joining up with the fed's, I'd have to hate myself for that.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Robo expressed it well. These days college education or military expereince does give you a leg up. I expect your not the only young person that is thinking LE might be a good career considering the job market. Best advice it to offer more than the next guy/gal, lots of young men and women completing there military service after the same job. A 2-3 year stint in the service (if possible in MP) goes a long way.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.