Late night hunting? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Late night hunting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Skull, he said he did have a few beers, so paranoia is possible. Hell, I'm always on guard when I hear gunshots around here, especially at night. I live near some woods, but none that would be used for anything bigger than a coyote. Deer come around, but the woods arent that big.

Research the hunting seasons for your county. If nothing is in season right now, then you should have called.

S.S.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I would have never called, unless there was trespassing. What if it was not even gunshots? M-80's? BP rifle or pistol without projectile to see the muzzle flash? What if a neighbor was chasing off a pack or 'yotes who were after his dog? Not on his property and legal shooting area, what is the big deal?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #13

One reason why I dislike alcohol.

S.S.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm guessing it was a couple of kids out camping and burning up some of Dad's beer/ammo.
Kids still DO go camping, don't they?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #15

BAM...BOOM...BAM.BAM *snicker*

BOOM, KA-BOOM...BAM *re-snicker*

Dude your neighbor problems are not going away.

BAM *snicker-snicker*

Take another pill, and move to the city!

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 08-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #16

Liked 1432 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter View Post
Skull, he said he did have a few beers, so paranoia is possible. Hell, I'm always on guard when I hear gunshots around here, especially at night. I live near some woods, but none that would be used for anything bigger than a coyote. Deer come around, but the woods arent that big.

Research the hunting seasons for your county. If nothing is in season right now, then you should have called.

S.S.
Mavy isn't a he guys!

Not that it should make a difference but being uncomfortable in one's own home drunk or not needs resolved.

Mavy, should this or something similar occur in the future, call the locals! That's why we pay taxes and someone blasting at 0130 needs some professional guidance! Your only participation should be a phone call.

NEVER, did I say never, be *absolutely embarrassed* about resolving your discomfort!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #17

So your advice is to call the local LEO's if it happens again. Fine.

Here's another point...

Legal to shoot in that area, so where's the crime. Many times, nothing is made from fear. Big deal hearing a few gun shots in the wooded areas. No matter the time. I've been hunting no closer than 300 yds away from anyone and the shot sounds like it was no farther than 50 yds.

If laws were broken then that deserves a call to the authorities. You did not mention any laws broken. My opinion is to join them or fugget 'bout them or him or whomever. Calling the law around here for such non-descript laws would guanrantee nightly shootings. Varied times and caliber.

I'm just sayin'.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 AM   #18

Liked 1432 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
So your advice is to call the local LEO's if it happens again. Fine.

Here's another point...

Legal to shoot in that area, so where's the crime. Many times, nothing is made from fear. Big deal hearing a few gun shots in the wooded areas. No matter the time. I've been hunting no closer than 300 yds away from anyone and the shot sounds like it was no farther than 50 yds.

If laws were broken then that deserves a call to the authorities. You did not mention any laws broken. My opinion is to join them or fugget 'bout them or him or whomever. Calling the law around here for such non-descript laws would guanrantee nightly shootings. Varied times and caliber.

I'm just sayin'.
You are shit faced aren't you?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-24-2009, 04:37 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I would have called the police and let them decide if it warrants investigating.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #20

Thank you canebrake. I am a young female, alone, so no doubt that's helped my anxiousness/paranoia. There is a noise ordinance here, between the hours of 11pm and 7am. The original question I had was what sort of hunting would be done at that hour, upon research of hunting seasons in NC I'm not seeing anything open except coyote (never closed, no bag limit) and crow. Nope, not on my property, either. As long as nothing comes flying through my windows I guess it's all good. Otherwise, trust that I'd rather get along than fight with anybody, or infringe on the rights of anyone. Again, thank you for your responses, just a girl acting .. well, like a girl! If it DOES happen again that late, I will call the law, if only to find out what his purpose is. Cops around here are generally very understanding and want to make peace.