Last night i had to grab my shotgun - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Last night i had to grab my shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

Yes it would be prudent if you perceived a threat i just wouldn't be reaching for a firearm every time a stranger called at the house. Tough i am tempted when they are trying to sell me sky tv or similar.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
People Like This 
Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
You're obviously comparing those annual crime rates to one day in Chicago.
Stats for 2011/12

Population of UK-63,200,000
# of violent crimes in UK-763,000

Annual violent crime rate - 120.73 crimes per every 10,000 people

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Population of US-311,800,000
# of violent crimes in US-1,203,564

Annual violent crime rate - 38.60 crimes per every 10,000 people

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find 2011 stats for Chicago, so here's the stats for 2012.

Population of Chicago-2,707,120
# of violent crimes in Chicago-27,957

Annual violent crime rate - 103.27 crimes per every 10,000 people

Old 04-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Yes you can buy a AK/47 AR FALs or 50 call here to admittedly single shot only. I never said the gun laws were as liberal here as America gust that its not as bad as some on this forum think. Handguns are also carried here for protection.

No it was a question its OK if you don't want to answer it.
Single shot? That's pointless.

As for the handguns thing, I talked to a gent from the UK. Hell of a guy. Knows a LOT about guns and the laws over there. He said that you can carry a handgun, BUT it is very difficult to get permission to do so.

In other words, your probably not going to be able to unless you either know people, or unless someone is trying to kill you, and the police decide that you should carry a gun.

As for your STATEMENT, there was no question mark, and was worded in such a way that it is very unlikely that it was a question.

You said it, it's out in the open, deal with it.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-20-2013 at 01:13 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #64
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Yes it would be prudent if you perceived a threat i just wouldn't be reaching for a firearm every time a stranger called at the house. Tough i am tempted when they are trying to sell me sky tv or similar.
well would it be better to have a gun and not need it or need one and not have one?

anyone coming up my driveway after dark is considered a possible threat. as i said i live in very rural area. my closest neighbor is at least half a mile away. my yard is fenced, as is my property. even though i'm armed when confronting someone after dark, unless they truly are a threat, they will have no idea that i'm armed. i don't go around showing off my firearms. but it's inches away if needed.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #65

Liked 3027 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

some local kids were setting off INDUSTRIAL grade fireworks outside our house last new years. when one went off, i thought someone was kicking my door in.

i jumped out of my bed and had my shotty in hand quicker than i could think about it. my wife was like "wtf are you doing? it was fireworks!"

we had a good laugh about it. (after i ended up going outside to to shut some neighbors up). in all, i was somewhat happy with my reaction time. had someone REALLY been kicking in my door, it would have most likely ended up FAR worse for them, than for me or my family.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #66

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Yeah but then I would have been arrested for discharging a firearm in city limits.
...and you would owe all your buddies a new pair of skivvies!

Tack

Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #67

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
...and you would owe all your buddies a new pair of skivvies!

Tack
Yeah and that can really add up!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 04-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #68

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Over here more guns = less crime. Criminals don't fear police or jail time but they don't fear an honest gun owner.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

orangello Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #69
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
Over here more guns = less crime. Criminals don't fear police or jail time but they don't fear an honest gun owner.
and when they lack a feeling of fear of a LAC with a gun, they need to learn about God and Jesus. and the LAC will arrange the meeting!

Old 04-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 65 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 103

My home was broken into a few years ago, soon as I opened the front door I realized what had happened, I made my wife stay on the porch and call 911 while I drew my weapon and proceeded inside. I knew it would take the Sheriff's Dept. at least 15min. to get here. I wasn't going give the BG an opportunity to harm either of us if they were still in the house, we live about 8 miles from town in a very rural area. I still get uneasy feelings every time we are both gone from the house at the same time, it is something that is hard to get over after someone has broken to your home and plundered all through your things. They did steal my Ruger 357 and a Heritage 22mag. and my wifes Sony slr camera. When we have visitors they always call first to let us know they are coming. If some one pulls in my driveway, especially after dark, when I open the door I have a gun in my hand and flood lights so I get a good look. when I was growing up we just put the latch on the screen door at night, we live in a whole different time now.

My readings of history convinces me that most bad government results from to much government.....Thomas Jefferson
Being Ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn............Benjamin Franklin
If Barack Obama is the answer, the how damn stupid was the question.

People Like This