Last night i had to grab my shotgun - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Last night i had to grab my shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
My beloved old Mossberg 500 (pre 1978) 12 gauge with a 18.5" barrel and a sidesaddle holding a few extra shells. Cheapo plastic furniture, but the stock has a pistol grip incorporated with the full length buttstock, very comfortable and very comforting.
Sounds like a solid system. Good thing you have a stock with that grip, shotguns kick worse with a pistol grip alone. Been trying to find a defense barrel for my 870

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

They have some at midwayusa, but they seem a bit pricier than the $85 I paid for the one on my Mossberg. The nickel plated one with rifle sights would look cool with the right furniture and such, though. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/119139/remington-barrel-remington-870-marine-magnum-12-gauge-3-18-cylinder-bore-rifle-sights-nickel-plated

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3396 Times on 1908 Posts
Likes Given: 19152

And to think , the sheep would have us defenseless....!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 507 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Oh wow, a little over 150,000 guns and 60,000 gunowners, thats a lot.
Shooting is popular here among a minority it might not seem a lot to you remember the population here is around one and a half million so you would expect for there to be more firearms in America. The point is if you want a firearm its not hard to get. There are things that will stop you getting a firearm. Example Quote.

Anyone can take up shooting, and with it the opportunity to own their own firearms, unless they are a prohibited person, this, in short, is a person who has been

imprisoned for a sentence of 3 or more years. Persons who are sentenced to a term of imprisonment for 3 months or more but less than 3 years must not possess firearms until five years have passed since the date of release.

Quote:
Your quote says otherwise.
I don't see how it does. Its a genuine question i am trying to understand why so many on this forum see every call at the door or someone in their drive as a threat requiring them to reach for their gun. The only thing i can think of is that there are a lot of firearms in circulation so if there is a confrontation a firearm is more likely to be used. That's not anti gun its just asking a question.

Last edited by manta; 04-19-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
...Its a genuine question i am trying to understand why so many on this forum see every call at the door or someone in their drive as a threat requiring them to reach for their gun. The only thing i can think of is that there are a lot of firearms in circulation so if there is a confrontation a firearm is more likely to be used. That's not anti gun its just asking a question.
Maybe "every late night call at the door or unknown someone's in their drive" would be more accurate/fair.

Realize that some people live in more rural areas where a law enforcement response may be much delayed in arriving. Other people live in urban areas with lots of other criminal activity that can delay a law enforcement response.

He didn't actually "use" the firearm; he merely made sure it was available and ready to use, should such use be needed.

It should also be noted that many people living here did not grow up looking at the government as a nurturing protector so much as an overbearing uncle with a hand out and a fist behind his back.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #56
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
The overall crime has dropped in the UK, but a fews back it looks like Chicago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jul/14/crime-statistics-england-wales
You're obviously comparing those annual crime rates to one day in Chicago.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 04-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Shooting is popular here among a minority it might not seem a lot to you remember the population here is around one and a half million so you would expect for there to be more firearms in America. The point is if you want a firearm its not hard to get. There are things that will stop you getting a firearm. Example Quote.

Anyone can take up shooting, and with it the opportunity to own their own firearms, unless they are a prohibited person, this, in short, is a person who has been

imprisoned for a sentence of 3 or more years. Persons who are sentenced to a term of imprisonment for 3 months or more but less than 3 years must not possess firearms until five years have passed since the date of release.
Yeah, anyone here can own a gun too. Except, we don't have to register them, we can own and carry handguns, and we can own AR. AKs, FALs, and even machineguns if you can afford them.

Quote:
I don't see how it does. Its a genuine question i am trying to understand why so many on this forum see every call at the door or someone in their drive as a threat requiring them to reach for their gun. The only thing i can think of is that there are a lot of firearms in circulation so if there is a confrontation a firearm is more likely to be used. That's not anti gun its just asking a question
Quote:
PS Are things that bad in America is it because there are so many guns in circulation.
That's is not a question, that's a statement.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Yeah, anyone here can own a gun too. Except, we don't have to register them, we can own and carry handguns, and we can own AR. AKs, FALs, and even machineguns if you can afford them.
Yes you can buy a AK/47 AR FALs or 50 call here to admittedly single shot only. I never said the gun laws were as liberal here as America gust that its not as bad as some on this forum think. Handguns are also carried here for protection.

Quote:
That's is not a question, that's a statemen
No it was a question its OK if you don't want to answer it.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #59
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

I don't see how it does. Its a genuine question i am trying to understand why so many on this forum see every call at the door or someone in their drive as a threat requiring them to reach for their gun. The only thing i can think of is that there are a lot of firearms in circulation so if there is a confrontation a firearm is more likely to be used. That's not anti gun its just asking a question.
i live in a rural area and if i did need the assistance of LE in the middle of the night, it could take anywhere from 15-20 minutes for them to arrive. i wonder how much harm could become of me or my family if i weren't armed and the BG's were in 20 minutes?

am i cautious if someone drives up after dark and i'm not expecting them? damn right i am. do you not think that BG's don't know that it takes longer for LE to respond to calls that are in rural area? i'm pretty sure they do.

so i'll ask you question, knowing it would take at least 20 minutes for LE to respond, wouldn't you think it prudent to be cautious, rather than possibly dead?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
so i'll ask you question, knowing it would take at least 20 minutes for LE to respond, wouldn't you think it prudent to be cautious, rather than possibly dead?
Yes it would be prudent if you perceived a threat i just wouldn't be reaching for a firearm every time a stranger called at the house. Tough i am tempted when they are trying to sell me sky tv or similar.