Last night i had to grab my shotgun - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Last night i had to grab my shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That's exactly what i would have done asked what they were up to. If i thought they were up to no good i would have rang the police. If they tried to brake down the door then i would have thought of other options. PS I am not anti gun i have enough of them and people here also have plenty. Quote. AS the Department of Justice consults on proposed changes to firearms licensing laws here, The Detail can reveal information about the owners of Northern Ireland’s 153,459 legally held guns.

Almost 60,000 members of the public own over 146,000 firearms with the remaining 7,018 legally held guns belonging to serving police and prison officers.

Yes here we have had plenty of experience if shooting and bombings. And still i would answer the door without looking who is there and most people i know do the same. And if someone was in my drive i would go and see what they were doing and not jump to the conclusion that they were out to harm me.

37,282 shooting incidents have occurred in Northern Ireland since 1969, together with 2,440 bombings involving 16,330 devices, and 507 incendiary incidents involving 2,264 devices.
And if they were to rush my house, tie my family up and pour draino down my family members' throats like they did in Ogden Utah to random people. Answering the door to people you haven't identified is stupid and is why people get robbed.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
And if they were to rush my house, tie my family up and pour draino down my family members' throats like they did in Ogden Utah to random people. Answering the door to people you haven't identified is stupid and is why people get robbed.
Save it man; save it. We's heah the uncivilized colonies ya' know.

Evidencing an "abundance of caution," ML sheltered in place until such time as the intentions/identities of those breaching his perimeter had been determined. Nobody hurt and nobody fouled, all good.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That's exactly what i would have done asked what they were up to. If i thought they were up to no good i would have rang the police. If they tried to brake down the door then i would have thought of other options.
1. if you went out there, you could easilly be beaten, or even killed if they were in fact up to no good.

2. The police? Thats just great. If those people wanted to kill you, they'd have plenty of time. It takes the police anywhere from 10-30 minutes to get to you.

3. If they try to kick down your door, it's time to SHHOT. Oh wait, your in the UK. You'd probably be arrested for murdering an innocent civilian. My bad.

-------------------------------------------

Quote:
PS I am not anti gun i have enough of them and people here also have plenty.
Your quote says otherwise.

Quote:
PS Are things that bad in America is it because there are so many guns in circulation.
--------------------------------------------

Quote:
Quote. AS the Department of Justice consults on proposed changes to firearms licensing laws here, The Detail can reveal information about the owners of Northern Ireland’s 153,459 legally held guns.

Almost 60,000 members of the public own over 146,000 firearms with the remaining 7,018 legally held guns belonging to serving police and prison officers.
Oh wow, a little over 150,000 guns and 60,000 gunowners, thats a lot.

In the US, there is an estimated 80-300 MILLION gun owners, and more than enough guns to arm them all.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Media ignorance makes us all look like a bunch of trigger happy nuts that sleep next to our guns and field strip them blind folded.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #45
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7105 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 8617

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Now that is a CLEAN getaway!
Except the burglars left a mess......

Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Media ignorance makes us all look like a bunch of trigger happy nuts that sleep next to our guns and field strip them blind folded.
It would be irresponsible to field strip my beloved while blindfolded.

If it is OK for the big stinky dogs to sleep in the house, then it is OK for my shotgun to sleep by my alarm clock. It only seems sensible to keep all the loud things in close proximity, and I can't hear or see my alarm clock in the gunsafe (exterior clock with alarm would be a nice feature on a gunsafe...).

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It would be irresponsible to field strip my beloved while blindfolded.

If it is OK for the big stinky dogs to sleep in the house, then it is OK for my shotgun to sleep by my alarm clock. It only seems sensible to keep all the loud things in close proximity, and I can't hear or see my alarm clock in the gunsafe (exterior clock with alarm would be a nice feature on a gunsafe...).
And I don't disagree with you at all. What shotgun are you running? What caliber if I may ask?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #48

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

The overall crime has dropped in the UK, but a fews back it looks like Chicago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jul/14/crime-statistics-england-wales

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

molonlabexx Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
And I don't disagree with you at all. What shotgun are you running? What caliber if I may ask?
My beloved old Mossberg 500 (pre 1978) 12 gauge with a 18.5" barrel and a sidesaddle holding a few extra shells. Cheapo plastic furniture, but the stock has a pistol grip incorporated with the full length buttstock, very comfortable and very comforting.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #50

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
There are just some things you don't do in life
Standing in some one else's kitchen in your shorts is another! (LOL)

Quote:
a bunch of trigger happy nuts that sleep next to our guns and field strip them blind folded.
What you don't, I do ???

Jim