Last night i had to grab my shotgun - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Last night i had to grab my shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Did you let them know how close they came to getting lead poisoning?
No but I have had Halloween pranks played on me before I had a firearm. I hope some punk starts it up again so I can have a talk with them about how 9 steel pellets can mistake you for a criminal. Kids these days...

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #32

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Hey Trip, did they clean up after breakfast? Those sound like the coolest burglars ever.
No. They did not. And they took my damn dish detergent too.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
NOT THE DAWN... OMG

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
No but I have had Halloween pranks played on me before I had a firearm. I hope some punk starts it up again so I can have a talk with them about how 9 steel pellets can mistake you for a criminal. Kids these days...
I hope you are joking if you are not you need to calm down. Your firearm is for self defence not intimating kids. I don't get it someone was in your drive way your first thought is i will get my shotgun mine would be i wonder who that is. PS Are things that bad in America is it because there are so many guns in circulation.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #35

Liked 350 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
I hope you are joking if you are not you need to calm down. Your firearm is for self defence not intimating kids. I don't get it someone was in your drive way your first thought is i will get my shotgun mine would be i wonder who that is. PS Are things that bad in America is it because there are so many guns in circulation.
No idea where he lives, but with the recent bombings and the shooting las night, that could of been why he opted for his shot gun instead of a phone. That's if he's in the Boston area though.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Joe Biden says "fire two shots in the air".

Kinda puts you up the creek when the shotgun you have is a double barrel!!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
And here comes the anti gun mineset that is so commom in the UK.

First of, regarding the kids, pranks CAN GO WRONG. Recently, some kids decided to their friend by pretending to be burglers. The broke into his house while he was there in an attempt to scare him. He shot them, and I think one of them died.

The way I see it, if ********* told those kids how close they came to being shot, it would be to warn them, not intimidate them.

Secondly, as ********* said, he lives next to a bad area, and sometimes those people spill over into his neighborhood. If that's the case, I too would be wondering who was standing around in my drive way. I too would have grabbed the shot gun (keep in mind there IS a difference between having a gun ready for the unknown, and pointing it at someone).

What should he have done? Walked out side and said "whats up fellas"? If the people in his drive way were looking to rob him, or if they were hopped up on drugs, they could have very easily shot/stabbed/beat him then.

Finally, learn some facts instead of the BS your government spews at you. Guns don't cause crimes, your country is proof of that. The UK is the crime capital of the EU. Your country has only a few privately owned guns, and yet you have a violent crime rate MUCH higher than it was before your guns bans, and much higher than the US ( who has more than enough guns to arm every citizen several times over).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25671/Violent-crime-worse-Britain-US.html

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-19-2013 at 07:24 PM.
orangello Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Have you ever read the art of war? And please, don't try to sterilize our second amendment. I know how dangerous the UK is. You guys act like this world is perfect. As many say I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. If i feel threatened, I'm grabbing my gun. I didn't run out there and scream "GET THE F$# OFF MY LAWN" and start shooting. I bunkered in a room and waited for confirmation. Here in the US, we don't wait for things to happen, we prepare for them. And with all the bombings and shootings, it's better to be aware. Every single person I see in public runs through a system I have gotten so used to, I don't notice me doing it. 3 levels of condition: green, yellow and red. Does the person have their hands in their pockets? Are their bulges in the pockets? Are they wearing heavy clothing. Call me paranoid, I'm not as crazy as it seems.

Last edited by molonlabexx; 04-19-2013 at 07:33 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
What should he have done? Walked out side and said "whats up fellas"? If the people in his drive way were looking to rob him, or if they were hopped up on drugs, they could have very easily shot/stabbed/beat him then
That's exactly what i would have done asked what they were up to. If i thought they were up to no good i would have rang the police. If they tried to brake down the door then i would have thought of other options. PS I am not anti gun i have enough of them and people here also have plenty. Quote. AS the Department of Justice consults on proposed changes to firearms licensing laws here, The Detail can reveal information about the owners of Northern Ireland’s 153,459 legally held guns.

Almost 60,000 members of the public own over 146,000 firearms with the remaining 7,018 legally held guns belonging to serving police and prison officers.

Quote:
And with all the bombings and shootings, it's better to be aware

Yes here we have had plenty of experience if shooting and bombings. And still i would answer the door without looking who is there and most people i know do the same. And if someone was in my drive i would go and see what they were doing and not jump to the conclusion that they were out to harm me.

37,282 shooting incidents have occurred in Northern Ireland since 1969, together with 2,440 bombings involving 16,330 devices, and 507 incendiary incidents involving 2,264 devices.

But its up to individuals how they react in certin situations it just has me thinking why Americans seem to be on edge.

Last edited by manta; 04-19-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Now that is a CLEAN getaway!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This