Last night i had to grab my shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Last night i had to grab my shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Last night i had to grab my shotgun

I got a call while watching a dirty harry movie. It was a relative saying there was a car in our driveway with people around it and walking through the driveway suspiciously. I quickly grabbed my shotgun and hunkered down in my room. Thankfully we later identified the suspects as friendlies. The feeling of security when I grabbed that shotgun instead of dialing 911... It was funny because I was not scared one bit. Had it been 911 I called I would have been praying to God. That's why I own a gun. And a case where we need more than 10 shots. I am not dirty harry. There were multiple people in the drive way, more than 10 shots needed.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
tri70 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Joe Biden says "fire two shots in the air".

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #3

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Yeah but then I would have been arrested for discharging a firearm in city limits.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #4

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Yeah man, you definitely handled that poorly. You should have climbed out the back window, fired "two blasts" over the top of your house to let them know you were leaving and then egressed from the neighborhood and don't return until a trained anti-terrorist unit could make sure it was safe. You give a bad name to gun owners everywhere.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
People Like This 
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
LOL!!! Joe Bidden, the idiot. I guess every administration has one. Cheney had Bush Jr; Obama's got Bidden. But IMO all four of them are.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #6

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
He alsosaid to fire 2 blasts through the door if you feel threatened.... Is it cheating if you have a peep hole? Lmao. But on a serious note, I've had to clear my home because I walked in right after a burglary & didn't know if they were still inside. They weren't... Sadly

Old 04-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #7

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Glad it worked out! I don't have any problem walking with a gun and good flashlight. The dog will be the 1st alarm, me racking the slide is the 2nd!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

molonlabexx Likes This 
Old 04-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #8

Liked 58 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Had a similar situation once before. Now I am a single 27yr old guy, and have two female roommates one 27 the other is 29. Anyhow we've been friends since grade school, and yes.. both are attractive.

Anyway, this one night I heard someone creeping through the house. I get up, grab my Glock 20 off the night stand. Make my way down the hall to where the noise was coming from, which was the kitchen. I round the corner into the kitchen hit the light switch and here is some dude in his boxers raiding my fridge.

He sees me standing there with a gun, and damn near pisses himself. I ask what the hell is he doing in my kitchen at 4:00AM and he informs me that he came home with my room mate.

The worst part about all of it was that he was eating my pre cooked bacon.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Hey Jake, he ate your bacon? Oh hell no. You never eat another man's bacon. Open fire! D

Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Hey Jake, he ate your bacon? Oh hell no. You never eat another man's bacon. Open fire! D
There are just some things you don't do in life. Eating another man's bacon is one of them.