Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Laptop Screen Resolution going crazy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Laptop Screen Resolution going crazy!

Alright. So last night my laptop was working fine and everything was working as intended. But today i turn my laptop on and if i change the screen resolution (or a game does) instead of changing the resolution it just makes the screen smaller so at 800x600 i have a pretty sizeable black border (maybe 2 inches wide) all the way around my screen... I have an ATI x1200 gpu and it is windows 7...

anyone who knows a lot about computers care to provide some help before i decide to put and shoot n see's on my laptop?

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Haven't a clue Cory!! Where's Tango!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

First thing I would do is update your driver. If your driver was recently updated then roll it back. Try that and let me know. Also go into the nvidia software and see if you can turn on Display Adapter scaling if it is OFF. If it is on turn it off and try that.

The thing about LCD's is that they run at a NATIVE resolution. That is to say a screen that is 1900x1280 will look the best at that resolution. If you change it it will look like crap.

Last edited by cpttango30; 04-27-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry for not replying sooner. Someone on one of the games i play was helping me out through this wierd program that allows someone to "assume control" of your pc and do stuff on it.... he couldnt figure it out and I just now (4 hours later ) got it working correctly. I did all of the stuff tango suggested and it didnt work. My gpu wanted an old version of catalyst control center (ATI's program for adjusting your gpu) so i finally just forced it to work with the new version for the new high end gpu's... Now i can adjust the scaling and such.

For what its worth, tango was correct, just the options i needed were not available

Thx for the help

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/