Language Filter - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Language Filter

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #111
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 245 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
You've got to admit this place has changed quite a bit over the last few years, and not necessarily for the better. You've done a few things to make it better, but it's still not as good as it once was. When I first joined here, this was a place to relax. Now? Not so much. I have a list of grievances, but I won't post them here. If you want it, I'll give it to you.

Let me just say that when two very good mods up and quit, and numerous long time members who have contributed GREATLY to this forum have been either banned, or left because of what's going on here, there's something seriously wrong. I have not given up on this forum yet, but I'm close. Hopefully things will change for the better.
I've been behind the scenes for year, and yes it was a place to "just relax" provided you believed what they believed and did as they did. They were cruel to women, disrespectful to anything but their world perspective, and honestly had it been allowed to continue we would not have the FTF we have today. It's back in the day syndrome. Through the filter of time things get diminished, but I can say this, it was a great foundation for what FTF would become. A tremendous resource and open community serving the world, and not the needs of a few people.

They were great mods, no argument here. They were wrapped up in the cult of personality that had formed, and ran off a ton of people.

I have proof of this by the way. Registrations and post counts have been significantly higher over the last year and a half then ever before.

I'm not minimizing the contribution that some of those members made. Quite the opposite I look back at our history with great pride. I've been behind the scenes for years dealing with technical issues and just last year came on to get us back on track in terms of administration.

My philosophy is different than others. Am I PC? That depends on how you see issues like gun's rights and misogyny. I respect women. I see them and their opinions as equally valid to my own, not because they are women, but because they are human beings.

I'm a belligerent and unapologetic defender of the 2nd. It's not a provision so I can own a hunting rifle. It's an amendment of force. To say I refuse to be oppressed and will take a stand at every turn. Sure hunting rifles are covered, as are all arms, but it's meant to be a show of force against a government our founding fathers feared we may become. They wrote in our own means of control. Very cool.

I invite all members to contact me directly with their issues. You and many others have found I'm very open with my actions and intentions. I want FTF to be the best it can be. I think I could do better with input from men and women like yourself. Others who refuse to apologize for their beliefs and hold strong in the face of adversity.
Shooter is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

I knew texaswoodworker was a chick!

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #113
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I knew texaswoodworker was a chick!
............

__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #114
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I've been behind the scenes for year, and yes it was a place to "just relax" provided you believed what they believed and did as they did. They were cruel to women, disrespectful to anything but their world perspective, and honestly had it been allowed to continue we would not have the FTF we have today. It's back in the day syndrome. Through the filter of time things get diminished, but I can say this, it was a great foundation for what FTF would become. A tremendous resource and open community serving the world, and not the needs of a few people.

They were great mods, no argument here. They were wrapped up in the cult of personality that had formed, and ran off a ton of people.

I have proof of this by the way. Registrations and post counts have been significantly higher over the last year and a half then ever before.

I'm not minimizing the contribution that some of those members made. Quite the opposite I look back at our history with great pride. I've been behind the scenes for years dealing with technical issues and just last year came on to get us back on track in terms of administration.

My philosophy is different than others. Am I PC? That depends on how you see issues like gun's rights and misogyny. I respect women. I see them and their opinions as equally valid to my own, not because they are women, but because they are human beings.

I'm a belligerent and unapologetic defender of the 2nd. It's not a provision so I can own a hunting rifle. It's an amendment of force. To say I refuse to be oppressed and will take a stand at every turn. Sure hunting rifles are covered, as are all arms, but it's meant to be a show of force against a government our founding fathers feared we may become. They wrote in our own means of control. Very cool.

I invite all members to contact me directly with their issues. You and many others have found I'm very open with my actions and intentions. I want FTF to be the best it can be. I think I could do better with input from men and women like yourself. Others who refuse to apologize for their beliefs and hold strong in the face of adversity.
It's not just the old members you lost (though, I do not remember that sort of thing going on. I wasn't as active back then. I'm still in contact with some of those members now, and I don't see this going on.) In the last few days, you've lost long time members who were well liked here and had contributed a great deal. I'll send you a PM. There's things that need to be said, but not out in the open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I knew texaswoodworker was a chick!
Do I need to send you a junk shot?
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #115
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,999
Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The seagull is Utah's state bird?

Strange.

The only state birds I know are Indiana's state bird is the Cardinal, and Kentucky's state bird is the Fly.

Kentucky is the cardinal.


~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~
__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #116
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stratrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,592
Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2635

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Kentucky is the cardinal.


~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~
Alabama is the Yellowhammer, the only state with a pecker...
__________________
stratrider is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #117
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,570
Liked 3710 Times on 2056 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I knew texaswoodworker was a chick!
Nope, definitely a dude. Trust me, he would not make a very pretty girl. Sorry TWW but it's true. You're not an ugly dude, just not a very pretty girl.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 AM   #118
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderocka1989 View Post
nope, definitely a dude. Trust me, he would not make a very pretty girl. Sorry tww but it's true. You're not an ugly dude, just not a very pretty girl.
roflmao!!!!!!:d
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,148
Liked 826 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 1815

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Do I need to send you a junk shot?
DO EET!!!
__________________

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

buckhuntr is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:10 AM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,148
Liked 826 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 1815

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
The Georgia State Bird is the Brown Thrasher. Now you can add that to your knowledge base.
And Oklahoma's is the Scissortail Flycatcher. Maybe we should export some to Kentucky...
__________________

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

buckhuntr is offline  
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
oil filter silencer Devin556 NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 70 06-26-2013 01:44 AM
Which H2O filter? nastyogre Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 4 01-12-2013 03:37 AM
Polluting our language locutus Politics, Religion and Controversy 32 11-01-2012 12:16 AM
Sorry for the language, but this just pisses me off.... cddbrowns Politics, Religion and Controversy 86 07-27-2011 10:23 PM