Landon Donovan Retires

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Landon Donovan Retires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default Landon Donovan Retires

For those of us that are round football fans, the news today was surprising, and a little sad. Landon Donovan, who has been the face of US Soccer since 2002, and very visible to those of us that were more than casual fans of the game, is retiring at the end of this season, at the age of 32.

I liken it to Michael Jordan's first retirement for baseball, as Landon is still at the top of his game, much as Michael was. In fact I wonder if after a year or two he might return as MJ did.

I will miss him, and in fact think if he had been on the World Cup squad, and in the game instead of Chris Wondolowski against Belgium he would have scored and sent them through to the quarter finals.

The game in the US will miss him.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here