Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > ##*@**% Ks. WIND!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default ##*@**% Ks. WIND!

Well the pick up is loaded with optics, shooting bench, targets,& on and on. Nice stiff wind blowing though, got 90% of yard work done Saturday so I could shoot today and help a buddy sight in a new scope. Well no shooting here now untill late this evening when the wind might go down. Crap, I guess I'll go wash the pick up and the wife's car - thats a load of enjoyment!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck

Liked 989 Times on 565 Posts
Likes Given: 440

That's the joy of living in Kansas or Nebraska.The wind is always blowing!

Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #3

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's too bad. Hopefully you'll get some good trigger time later.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You should go anyways! What, you think when the Space Zombies show up it's always going to be bright and sunny with no wind??

Go. Learn to shoot with a heavy side wind or even in a good rain downpour if you have covered shooting.

We do that here as a practice. The PNW gets a ton of rain, adn every year we do a rain shoot, just to see the effects on your match grade target rifle with custom ammo versus the effects of mothernature. Long story short, she still wins.

You should go if it's not gail force conditions. It good for you to see how the bullets react to obstacles in their flight path...

JD