Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kinetacore Dry Needle Therapy :eek:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
One bit of advice I would offer is that after you start feeling better, continue to baby your back for the rest of your life. Re-injury is going to make you fall farther back than where you were a few weeks ago. Don't do freaking anything to stress or strain your back again and you might not have to deal with this crap fro the rest of your life.
Yeah that's my goal. That and building lots of muscle back there with the physical therapy exercises. I'll be increasing weight slowly over time until I'm hitting muscle failure at about 14 reps.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
One set of needles is legitimate science, but another set isn't?

Acupuncture worked for me. In July I was laid up with sciatica. Acupuncture made a big difference in the amount of pain I had to deal with. I was skeptical, but I figured, what the heck, it's worth a shot. It was all out of pocket, but worth every cent.
Acupuncture flows along the body's meridian channels the "needles" and theory is that it opens up and repairs the channels allowing ones energy to flow smoothly again. You can trace the meridian the acupuncturist is following by the run of needles, and the various depths of the needle. Think of a watering grid for your back yard lawn.

I think what Delta is going through the needles are targeted directly to the bodies nerve trigger points, which are probably placed very deeply to target the trigger knots. which more than likely causes a lot of twitching and that heavy weight he experienced after words. But I'm only guessing.

My neurologist subjects me to research ie "torture", bi-annually with two huge needles hooked up to a car battery with a rheostat and a monkey with a scribe and some graph paper, So she can plot how my muscles are holding up to my episodes of paralysis. She can really get them twitching and induce some epic cramps in places you never thought possible

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Yeah that's my goal. That and building lots of muscle back there with the physical therapy exercises. I'll be increasing weight slowly over time until I'm hitting muscle failure at about 14 reps.
Are they having you do shoulder isometrics etc. as part of your program? Just a thought you may want to discuss it with them.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
Are they having you do shoulder isometrics etc. as part of your program? Just a thought you may want to discuss it with them.
Oh yeah. I'm getting isometrics, resistance, traction, cardio, some convoluted stretching, some other stuff that I really don't understand at all, heat, electric stimulation and dry needling. All in the same day. Lots of fun!

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Oh yeah. I'm getting isometrics, resistance, traction, cardio, some convoluted stretching, some other stuff that I really don't understand at all, heat, electric stimulation and dry needling. All in the same day. Lots of fun!
Damn Brother, "Cranky" would be an understatement then......

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
Damn Brother, "Cranky" would be an understatement then......
Yep. If you see me flash out on somebody on shortly after lunch time, I probably read something dumb they posted while getting yanked on or shocked.

Some of the therapy is automatic stuff they hook me up to, hand me a bell and a emergency kill switch button, and leave the room. Leaving me to do nothing but peruse FTF while I'm waiting for all of the fun time to be over.

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 10-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #47

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You should consider Chiropractic care if you want to keep your back healthy and moving properly. It can decrease your chances of re-injuring you back. It can also help that radicular pain you are getting from your disc.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

Quote:
So far I'd say its worked a heckuva lot better than I ever expected it to.
Thats awesome Delta, Keep it up its working! I think the Human Body can truly fix almost all of itself given the right cures. The scars I wear are the worst part of most of my injuries, otherwise I heal pretty quickly.

Im kinda like you, Electrical tape and any kind of blotter material (preferably clean but not necessarily) and Im back to work in 2 minutes, I used super glue to fix me before the Dr's did!

Its odd that the tiniest thin needle can make me shake but slabbing myself with a Razor Knife or pulling a 3/4" sliver out of my hand is NBD !

Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788
You should consider Chiropractic care if you want to keep your back healthy and moving properly. It can decrease your chances of re-injuring you back. It can also help that radicular pain you are getting from your disc.
Yeah that's all I did for 3 months straight after the wreck. It was a total waste. Worked great on other issues I've had in the past. But it was like throwing water on a drowning man this time.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #50
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7821 Times on 4513 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

Quote:
Yeah that's all I did for 3 months straight after the wreck. It was a total waste. Worked great on other issues I've had in the past. But it was like throwing water on a drowning man this time.
You may just need a different doc. I definitely would not give up on it without going to at least one or two recommended practicioners.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.