Kinda bummed...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kinda bummed...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,105
Liked 4310 Times on 2121 Posts
Likes Given: 873

Default Kinda bummed...

So, I bought the federal value pack at Wal Mart, of 100 rounds of 5.56. I get home and load up three magazines...that's 90 rounds. Have 10 rounds left, start to partially load a magazine... 1...2.....8....
8 rounds.
For those playing the home game, that's 98 rounds of ammo...NOT 100.

So, that's about 80 cents lost, which is fine, I don't mind that too much, but I think it speaks volumes to their quality control. But then I started thinking...

Magpul makes the miad grip, based on the idea that two or three rounds might save your life... so what the heck?! That's 2 rounds!!!

What if I was attacked by EXACTLY 100 zombies?!

What if I had bought a 100 pack of balloons for the range?!

What if i had brought 100 of my friends to the range with the explicit promise that each would get to fire ONE round...

What if the good lord had taken the same quality control when he made me?...
two eyes,
two kidneys
two lungs
two arms
two legs

two...

Seriously, if your quality control can't count to 100, how am I expected to trust that you know how to measure powder, seat a primer, make something that will safely explode next to my face 100-excuse me, 98 times...


I am emailing this to Federal, I will keep any response updated.

__________________
Mosin is offline  
8
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1422 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

You know why this old man sleeps well at night?

When I buy bulk ammo, I NEVER count it.

Besides, I don't have 100 friends to take to the range.

Mosin, you're puttin' way too much thought into this!

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,096
Liked 866 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 400

Default

Perhaps a couple of your mags took 31?

__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,105
Liked 4310 Times on 2121 Posts
Likes Given: 873

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Perhaps a couple of your mags took 31?
I was hoping so...but not that lucky... i checked.

Actually, I was like "Sweet!!! My mags take 31 rounds..." recounted and was like "*&%@"
__________________
Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,922
Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
So, I bought the federal value pack at Wal Mart, of 100 rounds of 5.56. I get home and load up three magazines...that's 90 rounds. Have 10 rounds left, start to partially load a magazine... 1...2.....8....
8 rounds.
For those playing the home game, that's 98 rounds of ammo...NOT 100.

So, that's about 80 cents lost, which is fine, I don't mind that too much, but I think it speaks volumes to their quality control. But then I started thinking...

Magpul makes the miad grip, based on the idea that two or three rounds might save your life... so what the heck?! That's 2 rounds!!!

What if I was attacked by EXACTLY 100 zombies?!

What if I had bought a 100 pack of balloons for the range?!

What if i had brought 100 of my friends to the range with the explicit promise that each would get to fire ONE round...

What if the good lord had taken the same quality control when he made me?...
two eyes,
two kidneys
two lungs
two arms
two legs

two...

Seriously, if your quality control can't count to 100, how am I expected to trust that you know how to measure powder, seat a primer, make something that will safely explode next to my face 100-excuse me, 98 times...

I am emailing this to Federal, I will keep any response updated.
Are you really going to go 100 for 100 killing zombies?. How do you know that a machine doesn't cycle the ammo into boxes? That's why it's called bulk, you don't count it.
__________________
Fathead00 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,105
Liked 4310 Times on 2121 Posts
Likes Given: 873

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Are you really going to go 100 for 100 killing zombies?. How do you know that a machine doesn't cycle the ammo into boxes? That's why it's called bulk, you don't count it.
This would have been true, back when I bought ammo in 2005...at 2005 prices however, it's 2012...
__________________
Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,824
Liked 770 Times on 446 Posts
Likes Given: 466

Default

Somewhere someone has a box with 102 rounds...buy enough and chances are you'll get the 2 rounds back...

__________________

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Jpyle is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Mosin, Have you ever counted the rounds in a bulk pack of .22LR? If not, don't.

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
tshoot91 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Mosin, Have you ever counted the rounds in a bulk pack of .22LR? If not, don't.
I have. 500 round box. I can't even remember now if I was low or had a few extra. Been a lot of crap that's happened since then. I think I had like 3 extra.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,105
Liked 4310 Times on 2121 Posts
Likes Given: 873

Default

Never count the .22, it's cheap enough.

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Kinda DIY jeepcreep927 DIY Projects 4 03-11-2011 08:03 PM
kinda plinking kinda shtf kinda cheap waxman895 Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 17 07-25-2010 11:05 AM
Bummed lukeisme General Rifle Discussion 9 03-27-2010 08:06 PM