Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Kind Gesture Toward Deployed Soldier’s Girlfriend (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/kind-gesture-toward-deployed-soldier-s-girlfriend-86947/)

Vincine 03-19-2013 09:07 PM

Kind Gesture Toward Deployed Soldier’s Girlfriend
 
I just felt like sharing:

Kind Gesture Toward Girlfriend of Deployed Soldier Becomes Internet Sensation

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/kind-gesture-toward-girlfriend-of-deployed-soldier-becomes-internet-sensation-162557907.html

Tackleberry1 03-19-2013 09:14 PM

I'm just glad he didn't sign it "Jody" :D

I was really expecting this to go in another direction.

Tack

shadecorp 03-19-2013 09:38 PM

Great.
Still some Great folks in this country.

molonlabexx 03-19-2013 09:42 PM

Wow that is awesome. Under all our hate, there are still people that care in America!

bamashooter68 03-19-2013 09:54 PM

My wife and I did some volunteer work down in Orange Beach, Al for wounded vets. We live in north al and did this at our own expense because thats how we roll. In my experience there is a majority of good in America with a sprinkling of hate. Not the other way around.

jjfuller1 03-19-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamashooter68 (Post 1182798)
My wife and I did some volunteer work down in Orange Beach, Al for wounded vets. We live in north al and did this at our own expense because thats how we roll. In my experience there is a majority of good in America with a sprinkling of hate. Not the other way around.

just happens that the sprinkling is all anyone ever sees.



good on the person for being nice.

kfox75 03-19-2013 10:05 PM

Allergies are acting up, need to find a tissue...........

Thanks for sharing Vincine.

jgoertz 03-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfox75
Allergies are acting up, need to find a tissue...........

Thanks for sharing Vincine.

Someone's peeling onions again! Wonderful anecdote. Maybe there's hope after all.

luckyj 03-20-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 1182806)
just happens that the sprinkling is all anyone ever sees.



good on the person for being nice.

This is unfortunate and very true.

I saw this story the other day and thought it was awesome.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.