Killing Me Softly - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Killing Me Softly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #31
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084

One can also thank "All the President's Men" for the so-called journalism we are forced to endure today.
Sorry, not following you here. Woodward and Bernstein's investigation was one of the last decent pieces of journalism the way it's supposed to be done.

The so-called journalism we have today is the direct result of three things: USA Today, Rupert Murdoch, and the American public's laziness to read and think about in-depth stories, and their culpability to be influenced by pretty graphics without understanding the data that made them. I'll add a fourth - the J schools that keep teaching this crap because that's what the idiot editors are looking for.

I was a photojournalist at one time and got out because we weren't doing news anymore. Stupid pictures and quick, superficial stories because that's what USA Today was doing and the readership didn't have time suddenly to read.

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #32

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Ah, but confusing selfish behavior with self interest is exactly the problem isn't it. Too many don't realize there's a difference.

Also, the "bit" of materialism is pretty sketchy... You wipe them away, but they never seem to stop falling.
You need to see someone about... many things it seems.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The Air Traffic controllers were in clear violation of the law by striking. I'd have fired them too, and walked away smiling.
Absolutely -- they threatened, endangered, everyone who flew. Obama just tried a similar tactic out of the Left's playbook to punish the American people ironically for letting him get away with the Cequestration in the first place. With Congress' help it backfired in his face.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-13-2013 at 06:57 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3085 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Sorry, not following you here. Woodward and Bernstein's investigation was one of the last decent pieces of journalism the way it's supposed to be done.
But it has inspired a couple generations of lazy college kids to pursue the next republican bad guy. No longer do they realize that democrats can be bad people.

The world was a better place when they referred to themselves as reporters rather than journalists.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #35

Quote:

The so-called journalism we have today is the direct result of three things: USA Today, Rupert Murdoch, and the American public's laziness to read and think about in-depth stories,...
You have got to be kidding. A couple of reporters had an informant. They were also of the Left and wanted a story against the President.

Are you saying that The New York Times has been anything other than the paper of the blame-America-first record anywhere in your lifetime?

Can you seriously say the mainstream media, the 4th Estate, isn't a Leftist 5th column!?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6544 Times on 3648 Posts
Likes Given: 6184

The air traffic controllers (Patco) was the smallest major union in the AFL-CIO.

The union leadership was willing to throw them under the bus to "test" the new president.

That president enforced the law. He did the right thing and canned the whole damn bunch of them.

But the AFL-CIO leadership thugs never lost a penny of their money.

When union bosses win, union members lose.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

You have got to be kidding. A couple of reporters had an informant. They were also of the Left and wanted a story against the President.

Are you saying that The New York Times has been anything other than the paper of the blame-America-first record anywhere in your lifetime?

Can you seriously say the mainstream media, the 4th Estate, isn't a Leftist 5th column!?
If they had brought down a Democrat president for doing what Nixon did, would you be saying the same thing? If not, you're the problem. It's not about sides or parties, it's about right and wrong. So what you're saying is it was perfectly acceptable what Nixon did?

There isn't a news outlet that exists anymore that just reports the unbiased facts. But too many people are too lazy to think and form educated opinions for themselves anymore. Mostly because they have no idea what the facts are and don't want to look for them.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6544 Times on 3648 Posts
Likes Given: 6184

Quote:
If they had brought down a Democrat president for doing what Nixon did, would you be saying the same thing? If not, you're the problem. It's not about sides or parties, it's about right and wrong. So what you're saying is it was perfectly acceptable what Nixon did?

There isn't a news outlet that exists anymore that just reports the unbiased facts. But too many people are too lazy to think and form educated opinions for themselves anymore. Mostly because they have no idea what the facts are and don't want to look for them.
Kg, I think that what he's trying to point out is that if Nixon had been a liberal democrat, the entire matter would have been hushed up be the press. And in the unlikely event that Woodward and Bernstein had even done their investigation, it would never have been published.

Nobody died from Watergate. Four Americans died in Benghazi, and the press has been extremely reluctant to cover anything about that, for fear of involving "The Anointed One," or the "Hideous Hag from Hell.".

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3455 Times on 1933 Posts
Likes Given: 19279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The Air Traffic controllers were in clear violation of the law by striking. I'd have fired them too, and walked away smiling.
Politics , religion and sex , Shhhhhhh...! The 5-th...,
When people , lose all security , right to voice their opinions , open the door to
Non-regulated labor dictatorships , there are bound to be , repercussions.!

(GOING POSTAL) , a scary but true scenario..! When people , have nothing left to live for , nothing left to lose , by "proxy" , bad things are apt to happen..!
Are these people all really psychos or maybe , just pushed over the edge by a non-human , indifferent , monetary driven , no holds bared tyrannical higher ups!
The fact Is simple , you can not , piss everybody off , living in fear and stress beyond tolerance and keep pushing..! Some one WILL push back..! This is not just my opinion , but the human psyche..!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Kg, I think that what he's trying to point out is that if Nixon had been a liberal democrat, the entire matter would have been hushed up be the press. And in the unlikely event that Woodward and Bernstein had even done their investigation, it would never have been published.

Nobody died from Watergate. Four Americans died in Benghazi, and the press has been extremely reluctant to cover anything about that, for fear of involving "The Anointed One," or the "Hideous Hag from Hell.".
Ok. Got it. My misunderstanding. And yes, the liberal press has let this administration and Congress get away with way too much. We can only hope someone has the balls to impeach Obama for Benghazi and people don't forget Clinton and her brushing off the murders at the next primaries.