Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kid arrested for listening to rap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Why do I have a huge urge to pull those rings?
Heh me too

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 03-07-2010, 04:11 AM   #12

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Thing that gets me is that these little turd birds are obviously looking to elicit a reaction when they pull up blasting obscenities from their open windows. When they don't like the reaction they get they scream "Mama!" Everybody has a right to freedom of expression. You also have the right to take your lumps when you offend someone whose irritation is more pungent than your need to express yourself.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Ok that heading might be a bit of a no-brainer

Teen Nathan Wilkie arrested for playing 'offensive' rap music from car

Kate Jones and Fiona Hudson
Herald Sun

March 06, 2010 8:34AM

A TEEN has been arrested for listening to what police deem offensive rap music.

In what could be a legal test case, 19-year-old Nathan Michael Wilkie faces a charge of offensive behaviour after police arrested him when he was listening to music by underground rapper Kid Selzy on his car stereo, the Herald Sun reports.

Mr Wilkie was parked outside a Timboon supermarket, waiting for his mother, when he was arrested.

The Warrnambool Magistrates' Court heard he was listening to lyrics such as "shut your f------ mouth bitch, f------ motherf-----".

The court was told the arresting officers found the music offensive and derogatory to females.

Mr Wilkie allegedly told officers: "You're a joke, go do some real police work."

The teenager is believed to be the first person charged under Australian law with offensive behaviour for listening to music.

Through his lawyer, Amanda Chambers, Mr Wilkie plans to plead not guilty when his case continues on June 11.

Mr Wilkie said he was thankful to have the support of Kid Selzy, who plans to attend in June.

"I am grateful to have Kid Selzy's support as this charge is a reflection on his music, that is not supposed to be offensive in any way," Mr Wilkie wrote.

"As Selzy said, 'I know what I mean and the people who buy it know what I mean, and that's what really matters'.

"He also mentioned 'if you read my lyrics, it's just my opinion'.

"And from what I believe, everyone has the right to their own opinion.

"I have lost two of my best mates in the last couple of years in tragic circumstances and I feel that listening to his music relates to life."

Kid Selzy, who gave his real name only as Jack, said he was astounded at the arrest.

"It's a joke that some kid's been arrested for doing something that's not illegal," he said.

"It's not illegal to have your windows down or to buy a CD. It seems to be a waste of taxpayers' dollars. If profanity's not your thing, don't listen."

The rapper said the case first came to his attention when Mr Wilkie's mother, Carolyn Wilkie, posted a message on his MySpace page.

"My son bought your CD ... from JB Hi-Fi and was playing it in his car," the message reads. "Unfortunately he saw me (his mum) coming out of the local supermarket with shopping bags and left his car running and music playing to help me with my bags and the local cops pulled in. They stuck their head in his half-open window and were very offended by the lyrics of your CD.

"The end result is he has been served a summons for offensive behaviour for playing your CD, which they said was too loud and the lyrics offensive, especially to women."

Police are expected to play Kid Selzy's latest album, The Creepshow, at the next hearing.

Teen Nathan Wilkie arrested for playing 'offensive' rap music from car | News.com.au

Muxh as I can leave a lot of rap (but like some oldskool stuff which kinda dates me heh), we don't have any right to free speech legislated in this country. The only part of the Aust Constitution that deals with anything vaguely 1st-Amendment-like is the provision not to have a State religion imposed...
I wish my lawn were as EMO as this kid, then maybe it would cut itself!!!

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #15

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Why do I have a huge urge to pull those rings?
Hadn't thought of that. Just like hand grenade training during my Army basic training. Pull pin and throw.......but not like this assmunch......

Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm with goju, I don't want to hear that crap and kids shouldn't have to hear it either. The messages being portayed in music today is simple aweful and rap is the worst.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer