Kicking my best friend out advice please - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kicking my best friend out advice please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Have the same/ opposite situation. Since my divorce I have let a friend stay with me. His divorce was way worse than mine. He came home from Iraq still temporarily deaf and with his shoulder torn up from a roadside bomb that blew up the truck he was driving, to find his wifes boyfriend living in his house. In the mess that followed the wife managed to get a bruise and had him arrested for domestic violence. He later found out the she had been screwing a couple of cops in advance of this to make it stick easier.

This guy is working two jobs, he does not do drugs, he is subject to random testing where he works so I know he is clean. Every time he gets a little money ahead to help with the bills around here one of his daughters calls and needs money for something or other.

The other problem is he is too helpful around the house, when he does dishes he does not get them clean and I have to redo them, if he puts the dry dishes away I can't find them when I need them. I know the last of these is petty but it drives me nuts when I can't find the tool, or pan, or whatever when I need it.

I don't want to throw him out, It really is not costing me anything for him to be here. The bills would be the same either way. But I am going nuts dealing with him.
Sounds like you're married and destined for another divorce soon! Have you two considered counseling?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #62

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I signed a letter of responsibility which allowed my little brother ( 56 years old ) to get out of prison 2 years early but I am responsible for his actions to an extent.

I allowed him to move into my trailer at the gravel pit that I use as an office ( 14 X 70 with a 12 X 28 add on ) 3 bed rooms. So I can still use the living room and kitchen as meeting rooms and the rest room.

He has a degree in Computer Aided Drafting and won many awards at Naval Avionics until the drugs took over his life. I have put restrictions and requirements on him but I have to keep pressing him to get a job, or at least look for one. With my pushing he is enrolled with Vocational Rehabilitation at WorkOne and I make him work in the gravel pit when he is not doing anything else. I make him do the jobs he does not like in an effort to encourage him to strike out on his own.

I also made it clear that the local SWAT teams train in my pit and drug dogs will be there several times every week. I told him this before his release and he stated I was trying to keep him locked back up. I stated no I was telling him before hand so that that there would be no surprises and he would not even try to sneak drugs again.

He feels I am not doing enough for him, he wants a better car ( I let him drive an old 1998 Cavalier ) wants Dish Network, wants hi speed internet, the list goes on.

I am about ready to call the parole officer and state “Things are not working out” as part of the condition of release states that is all I have to do and he will go back for the remainder of his term. I have told him this and he will “find Jesus” for a week or so then right back to the old ways.

Bottom line, friend, family or whoever they will all take advantage if allowed. My brother might make it 2 years and I really hope so but he might not as well and it will be because of his actions not mine!
Dude, a little balance. You're his brother not his warden or mother. Give him the reasonable space you'd like yourself under the same circumstances. You want this all to work out, right?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #63
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Dude, a little balance. Your his brother not his warden or mother. Give him the reasonable space you'd like yourself under the same circumstances. You want this all to work out, right?
in this situation where he signed a letter of responsibility, he is partially responsible for his brothers actions. so his brother can always make a choice. either abide by brothers rules or go back to prison.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #64
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7116 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8640

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Are these full length straws or does kitty perhaps have a lil problem with the Nip?

One of my cats once hid a cashed paycheck a roommate of mine left on the coffee table. He finally saw her running down the hall with a $5 and followed her to the stash. More recently, I think one of them has snagged my mag loader for the .45.

Good roommate training.
Full sized drinking straws.

I don't have any Nip around the house right now though it does grow in my backyard. My cats don't need any Nip. They're crazy enough as it is.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #65
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Full sized drinking straws.

I don't have any Nip around the house right now though it does grow in my backyard. My cats don't need any Nip. They're crazy enough as it is.
So I'm guessing there isn't any blow around that kitty might have found?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
orangello Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #66

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
in this situation where he signed a letter of responsibility, he is partially responsible for his brothers actions. so his brother can always make a choice. either abide by brothers rules or go back to prison.
It is not just my rules - - - part of his parole states that if he is convicted of "Any wrongdoing " including but not limited to moving traffic violations he will go back - - - On Christmas Eve he was picked up for DUI but was released as he only blew 0.07 and 0.08 is the limit here. The cop told him it was an early Christmas present that he was allowed to go home. I think if they had done a blood test they would have found he was on something else as well as alcohol - - - it cost me about $500.00 to get my car back and I had to get up at 4:00AM and get him from the jail. About a month later he was texting while driving and one of my Deputy Sheriff buddies had to run his cruiser off the road to avoid a head on collision - - - My buddy did not cite him but let him off with a good chewing out then 3 days later my brother ran a 4 way stop sign and was reported to 911.

I wonder if in the back of his mind he wants to go back. The last time he was arrested he was high on something and it took 7 officers and 2 tazers to get him in cuffs and arrested - - - when he is high he gets very violent.

The entire swat team was out for training and we had a sit down and they all told him they are not going to cut him any more slack. While the deputies and city officers are here for training he always gets them soft drinks and is helpful as possible to stay in their good graces and that has gotten him thru a couple of jams but he has to start being a productive member of society!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #67
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
It is not just my rules - - - part of his parole states that if he is convicted of "Any wrongdoing " including but not limited to moving traffic violations he will go back - - - On Christmas Eve he was picked up for DUI but was released as he only blew 0.07 and 0.08 is the limit here. The cop told him it was an early Christmas present that he was allowed to go home. I think if they had done a blood test they would have found he was on something else as well as alcohol - - - it cost me about $500.00 to get my car back and I had to get up at 4:00AM and get him from the jail. About a month later he was texting while driving and one of my Deputy Sheriff buddies had to run his cruiser off the road to avoid a head on collision - - - My buddy did not cite him but let him off with a good chewing out then 3 days later my brother ran a 4 way stop sign and was reported to 911.

I wonder if in the back of his mind he wants to go back. The last time he was arrested he was high on something and it took 7 officers and 2 tazers to get him in cuffs and arrested - - - when he is high he gets very violent.

The entire swat team was out for training and we had a sit down and they all told him they are not going to cut him any more slack. While the deputies and city officers are here for training he always gets them soft drinks and is helpful as possible to stay in their good graces and that has gotten him thru a couple of jams but he has to start being a productive member of society!
Sounds like he should be back in the Big House. He's had more breaks in the past few months than I have gotten (or would need) in my whole life! Then again, I don't do drugs either.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #68

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Out-Out-Out-Out. I SAID OUT!!!!!!

USN Vet
Retired LEO
" o xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hote tede
keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"

Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Thanks to this thread, wife and I had a talk. Long story, but she's going to handle this one, and I'm good with it. Just so happened the oldest called off work today, of her brand new job, while on probation. In my wife's own words, her head was spinning and her eyes were glowing. I missed all the fun

Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #70

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Give him a set date to get out if he hasn't already. Otherwise you did what I would do