Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kicking my best friend out advice please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Ok guys so for the last 6 months or so I've been letting my child hood best friend live with me. Now he said it was for a few months until January or do and he was supposed to get this job, but then something happened and it got post poned to April 1st well that came around and now its post poned again. Now grant it he helps out here and there and does alot of work that I don't have to do cleaning but he won't get a job and I pay for most everything. I already didn't want another room mate some of you know what happened with the last one I wanna be able to bring over a woman you know! So today I said to him "your my best friend yada yada and i always got your back yada yada but you need to get a steady job around here and move out I cannot pay for you to live also I'm sorry so can you please find a place to stay man." I know he can go stay with his parents but he proceds to flip out saying I'm an ass hole I'm just kicking him to the curb am I in the wrong here guys? I'm going around feeling like an a hole but haven't I helped him enough?

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 04-04-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

That's a no win situation. You have to do what is right for you. You have done your best to be a great friend. This may end up costing a solid relationship. But you can't live for someone else. You have done the "right thing" and are simply asking him to do the same.

Sorry about the bad situation dude. Good luck.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

^^^
Agreed, 100%

You did the right thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Ok guys so for the last 6 months or so I've been letting my child hood best friend live with me. Now he said it was for a few months until January or do and he was supposed to get this job, but then something happened and it got post poned to April 1st well that came around and now its post poned again. Now grant it he helps out here and there and does alot of work that I don't have to do cleaning but he won't get a job and I pay for most everything. I already didn't want another room mate some of you know what happened with the last one I wanna be able to bring over a woman you know! So today I said to him "your my best friend yada yada and i always got your back yada yada but you need to get a steady job around here and move out I cannot pay for you to live also I'm sorry so can you please find a place to stay man." I know he can go stay with his parents but he proceds to flip out saying I'm an ass hole I'm just kicking him to the curb am I in the wrong here guys? I'm going around feeling like an a hole but haven't I helped him enough?
More then enough. Calling you names after your generosity shows what kind of friend he really is. He is using you, period. He keeps coming up with excuses. Does he really want to work? He could get a job somewhere, what the hell is he waiting for? I bet he will look for a new victim to suffer his laziness.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Sounds like you got yourself an Alan from 'Two And A Half Men.'

Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Sounds like you got yourself an Alan from 'Two And A Half Men.'
Yup, you have been a sucker. Boot his arse to his parents until he grows up enough to pay his share, though I doubt I would allow him another try.

Had a couch hippie for a bit, was a friend of my rent-paying roommate. He was a grill cook at an Outback Steakhouse. I don't eat steak, but I would advise against eating steaks from Outback, if he met their "stringent standards".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #7

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts

Uh as someone else pointed out - this guy is no friend.

You need to understand when you two were younger you probably were best friends.

I think you already knew what we were going to tell you. Unless you are just stupid, you know what needs to be done, you don't need anyone to help you justify it or make you feel better.

Chalk this up to rule #1 - Life isn't fair or easy.

I actually deduct 25 cents from my daughters weekly chore money every time she uses the term "Its not fair". Hopefully when she becomes an adult (she is only 6 right now) this will ingrain some thick skin on her.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #8

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Sounds like you've been a better friend to him than he is to you right now. A hand up is one thing, that's what friends do, a hand OUT is quite another. Doing the dishes and taking out the trash may be all well and good but it's not lowering your bottom line any.

If he's any kind of friend at all, he'll see the error of his ways and make it right, if not, he was no friend to begin with.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraCoater View Post
...I actually deduct 25 cents from my daughters weekly chore money every time she uses the term "Its not fair". Hopefully when she becomes an adult (she is only 6 right now) this will ingrain some thick skin on her.
Just tell her that kids are better at cleaning scrubbing floors and cleaning toilets because they are shorter.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #10

Liked 515 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
If he has no job, what does he do for money? I bet he has money in his pocket right now. I doubt he has been flat broke all this time.....