Keeping It Real - Do You? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Keeping It Real - Do You?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #41
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6677 Times on 3349 Posts
Likes Given: 7209

Hard to recall when going to the grocery store was traumatic like it was in my early days. The country wasnt doing bad, just me and young adults like me schlepping to pay our way. We ate more chicken, casseroles and mystery meals than id like to remember but we survived and even in a horrible worldwide economy, none of us is starving today.

I was lucky in some ways to have the most Frugal Mom a guy could have. We used to joke that Mom wouldnt pay a dime to see Christ Ride a Bicycle, cheap was an understatement! She was Widowed early in our lives and we lived off very little so it was easier to see life get better than ever as I worked harder and learned and earned more.

I vowed a few things from that upbringing, My house will never be cold in the winter, I wont buy endcuts ever and Moldy Bread and cheese goes in the garbage, not the meatloaf! Its easy for me to be happy with my daily living when I look at the roots I came from. My kids on the other hand dont feel that lucky. They grew up in a home that was well heated and cared for, the refrigerator was always full and if they needed something, they always had it. The second they left the nest, life was pretty tough comparatively. I should have been a little less generous, they might be tougher today!