Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kabooms At The Boston Marathon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Many of the buildings in Boston have store fronts on the street level, and apartments/condos on the upper floors. It's not uncommon around here to see someone on a rooftop, especially if it's a rooftop patio.

That could very well be someone that lives there just watching, or it could have been a cop.

To think anything more is delving into the world of the paranoid conspiracy nut.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #82

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There has been a number of these bombings in recent years. The 9/11 disaster was so horrific it over shadowed that news. In 1975 the New York Laquardia Airport bombing was worse than todays incident. That was almost 40 years ago and has never been solved.

http://ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/the-laguardia-airport-christmas-bomb-of-1975/

Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #83
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6683 Times on 4040 Posts
Likes Given: 7948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
This brought tears to my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I'm 30 miles from boston. My sister works at one of the hospitals in boston. She's not there now but she says the hospital is locked down, no visitors allowed in. Atf fbi and swat inside and out and the hospital is on code amber which is an external disaster. The local news is saying 2 explosions at the marathon finish line and one at jfk library. Also they have found two more devices. This is insanity.
Because I was at work, I didn't know this happened until about 2000.

I hope your sister went in to help out. When a disaster like this occurs, every employee who can possibly go in should go in. From Housekeepers to Doctors. When the shootings at NIU happened, I cried my way into work, then started crossmatching units of blood like crazy. I wasn't due in to work for another 10 hours but there was so much to do we couldn't have enough employees there.

All the innocent lives that will be changed forever because of this. That marathon runner who now will be an amputee from the knee down..........amongst the hundreds of others who were killed or injured.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 04-17-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #84

Liked 1394 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This brought tears to my eyes.
....normally I don't particularly like protesters, either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2309762/Boston-Marathon-bomb-explosions-How-hero-Carlos-Arredondo-lost-soldier-son-Iraq-saved-lives.html

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #85

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

I think Obama will have one maybe two weeks to come up with who the scum bag is before people start calling for his head.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #86

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

And... Go...

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #87
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1698 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

The fox nation and other media outlets are showing the photos of the Boston Bomb.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/16/look-first-photos-of-boston-bomb-obtained-by-fox-news-affiliate/

Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #88
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I'm not saying this is an Islamic act, but the pressure cooker bombs and technique are used in Afghanistan on a regular basis. It's the same MO and it has to make you wonder. They used the first bomb to drive people towards the second bomb to get a maximum target. Whoever did this is sick, inhuman and their minds are poisoned. When will the people of this world realize that this is not the answer to humanities woes? It does no good for them, or anybody. It only kills more innocents and leaves lives empty and full of pain, while all the trouble of the world just continues on. I truly believe that love is the only answer for this planet, but hate continues to rage and we're all stuck in the middle.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #89

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
I'm not saying this is an Islamic act, but the pressure cooker bombs and technique are used in Afghanistan on a regular basis. It's the same MO and it has to make you wonder. They used the first bomb to drive people towards the second bomb to get a maximum target. Whoever did this is sick, inhuman and their minds are poisoned. When will the people of this world realize that this is not the answer to humanities woes? It does no good for them, or anybody. It only kills more innocents and leaves lives empty and full of pain, while all the trouble of the world just continues on. I truly believe that love is the only answer for this planet, but hate continues to rage and we're all stuck in the middle.
The human condition dictates that we have always had, currently have, and will always need... A COMMON ENEMY.

The trend of human on human violence is unique in the animal kingdom and will continue unabated.... at least until hostile aliens show up.

Tack

Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #90

Liked 286 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

The trend of human on human violence is unique in the animal kingdom and will continue unabated.... at least until hostile aliens show up.

Tack
Or have they already shown up??