Kabooms At The Boston Marathon - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Kabooms At The Boston Marathon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #171
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5698 Times on 3222 Posts
Likes Given: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
One of the bombs used in Boston was found to contain vaseline. Just heard a "bomb expert" on TV say vaseline was used to lubricate the pressure cooker seal. What a total blithering idiot: He never heard of a homemade explosive made with vaseline. i will not mention the other primary ingredient. Homemade explosives containing vaseline have been used by Muslim terrorists.

It's probably good that they don't know.

Children's modeling clay can be used with a commonly available substance to make a crude version of C-4.

That's not a secret to any of us that had field expedient training in the military. Fortunately most veterans are not a threat.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #172

Liked 2456 Times on 1593 Posts

I was at a restaurant and caught the end of a report stating that there were additional arrests made related to the bombing. Can anyone confirm this?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #173
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

What is the national obsession with something that goes kaboom?

Those two dirtbags could have killed far more with two sat night specials. Their fate would have been just as sealed...
Reminds me of front page stories that cover the gruesome details of a single shark attack, while ignoring the dozens of seasonal drownings on the same coastline.

There is something in our combined psyche that considers the manner of intended harm, the implement or method, to be more important than the outcome of the attack, it would seem.

The recent accidental shooting of the girl by the loaded .22 struck horror to the senses of a population in a way that swimming pool drownings from gates left unlocked and accidental poisonings do not. All three are accidents, all three are preventable...

I do not seek to diminish the harm done at the marathon, but rather am puzzled by this seemingly illogical hype surrounding their crude and largely ineffective selection of method/device.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #174

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post

Those two dirtbags could have killed far more with two sat night specials. Their fate would have been just as sealed...
Reminds me of front page stories that cover the gruesome details of a single shark attack, while ignoring the dozens of seasonal drownings on the same coastline.

There is something in our combined psyche that considers the manner of intended harm, the implement or method, to be more important than the outcome of the attack, it would seem.

The recent accidental shooting of the girl by the loaded .22 struck horror to the senses of a population in a way that swimming pool drownings from gates left unlocked and accidental poisonings do not. All three are accidents, all three are preventable...

I do not seek to diminish the harm done at the marathon, but rather am puzzled by this seemingly illogical hype surrounding their crude and largely ineffective selection of method/device.
I don't think so. I think the media has a lot to do with it. In the same way everyone is aware of the fact Palin's teen daughter is pregnant because the news played the **** out of it because they thought "look! the republicans violating their own platform", the news has played the **** out of this because scaring people is what they do best.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #175
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-bombing-suspects-burial-plans-stymied-funeral-home-000619272.html

I say we throw him in the ocean like Bin Laden. Let the sharks eat the piece of crap.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 AM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

It goes to show you how the media controls what most people think. It is great to see that you are smart enough to know that they play off of tragedies just to push there agendas and manipulate the masses. Rant over.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #177
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:

Sadly, thats the desired effect of Terrorism on the Helpless and the Hopeless. Not if its truly effective, if its really scary. Even living in terrorist central, your still more likely to be killed by a taxi than Ahmed the Terrorist.