Just a Routine Traffic Stop - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Just a Routine Traffic Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My 2$'s on this one

So very glad the LEO got out of this one unhurt. He was extremely lucky to make it home. Over all a good shoot but there were some very big issues that could have cost him his life.

My LEO view: on contact he moved flash light to gun hand, bad move slowed him down tremendously, made him drop his flash light. He was able to hit at the gun with the flash light but he could have done that with it in his off hand.

His position was no that great but sometimes you have to move further past the A post then you would like to see a subject.

His guard was down way to soon, I suspect he has been on the job a long time and has made 1000's of stops like this. It only takes 1 to take your life.

When he backed off from the suspect he moved into the suspects line of fire,luckily the supsect did not hit him with his shot. He then moved to the back of the suspects vehicle, that is a good place to be.

Shoots looked good, placement must have been good suspect is not around to tell us so that is good.

Is there other good and bad stuff he did, hell yes but in every shoot there is things we could fix. In the end he went home and the suspect was stopped from hurting him or others.

Understand me, I have never been in this kind of SH!t before and I hope I never am. I am going to use this vid for some firearms training and see what others think. It will help wake up my brother's that need it, sadly there are still some that will not wake up because they are retired on duty. Keep safe and your gun well oiled. Biggunns911

Old 04-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The LEO was extremely lucky. A couple less beverages and that driver tags a cop. On the plus side i t appeared the LEO once he did return fire did pretty well. He did sling a lot of rounds though. Glad to see the LEO come out of that well. AS for the driver you get what you give.