Just never know....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Just never know....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just never know....

Just never know whats waiting on you when you hear that doorbell ring..Im a avid believer that when the doorbell rings at night, I dont go unless my Glock goes with me...Such a tragedy..My thoughts are with his family...

Charter Teacher Fatally Shot Outside Florida Home - FoxNews.com

”The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.”
~Alexander Hamilton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5995 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

sounds like a few teacher union types were waiting for him

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #3

I know that him being armed would probably have not resulted in a different outcome, just a matter of being extra careful when you get an unannounced visitor...

”The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.”
~Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-01-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock4Epton View Post
Just never know whats waiting on you when you hear that doorbell ring..Im a avid believer that when the doorbell rings at night, I dont go unless my Glock goes with me...Such a tragedy..My thoughts are with his family...

Charter Teacher Fatally Shot Outside Florida Home - FoxNews.com
Earlier this week I heard my doorbell ring. I checked through the peephole and saw a scruffy looking guy outside. By the time I went into my room to pick up my pistol (there had been break-ins in my area), I came back to see that f*ckers face looking through the glass on the door. That bottom of that glass is 6' from the floor so you have to step up on the ledge and look through. It wasn't an innocent action. When I confronted him he mumbled some crap about trimming trees and then took off.

These f*ckers will go door to door with a pickup truck and pretend to be offering some sort of yard service. What they are in fact doing is checking if anyone is home.

Now I don't care much about things. I won't ever take a life if my property is in danger... but the moment I feel that my family's safety is at stake I will shoot.

People ask why I've recently gotten back into shooting. It's because of crap like this.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:21 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
Earlier this week I heard my doorbell ring. I checked through the peephole and saw a scruffy looking guy outside. By the time I went into my room to pick up my pistol (there had been break-ins in my area), I came back to see that f*ckers face looking through the glass on the door. That bottom of that glass is 6' from the floor so you have to step up on the ledge and look through. It wasn't an innocent action. When I confronted him he mumbled some crap about trimming trees and then took off.

These f*ckers will go door to door with a pickup truck and pretend to be offering some sort of yard service. What they are in fact doing is checking if anyone is home.

Now I don't care much about things. I won't ever take a life if my property is in danger... but the moment I feel that my family's safety is at stake I will shoot.

People ask why I've recently gotten back into shooting. It's because of crap like this.
Well said.

Most places, defense of property is not a self-defense situation. Now, if a burglar enters your home, you must believe that you and your family is in danger. Burglars don't knock and then say I am gonna come in and steal your valuables without harming you.

I would have possibly called the police (not 911) to report what happened. I would have said that some vagrant rang the bell and then was "casing" the place. Just the presence of a squad car rolling through the neighborhood will possibly chase off the bad guys. If the guy was legit, then he would not be chased off.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:

You should have invited him inside. Told him you wanted to show him your human skin lampshade collection.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Earlier this week I heard my doorbell ring. I checked through the peephole and saw a scruffy looking guy outside. By the time I went into my room to pick up my pistol (there had been break-ins in my area), I came back to see that f*ckers face looking through the glass on the door. That bottom of that glass is 6' from the floor so you have to step up on the ledge and look through. It wasn't an innocent action.

The spider waits quietly for the fly......
images.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #8

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

i never answer my door in the open i have a entertainment cntr between my bedroom and door. If any one knocks i look out the window then cover, and ask who it is.
All my friends know we go to bed early.

i have seen the light