Is it just me or does the firing line forum seem restrictive compared to this forum - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is it just me or does the firing line forum seem restrictive compared to this forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2824 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 292

I have run afoul of the rules in TFL as well as another well known forum that has the word "road" in the name. Initially I was pretty POd. But I am still a member of those and a couple of brand specific forums. Why? I actually quite like TFL. A lot of good knowledge and most of the guys are very knowledgeable. Same w/the other (w/ road in the name.) There are a lot reloaders that hang in those two forums and I've learned a lot in both of them.
The biggest thing I've learned is that I need to ensure that I remember where I am and the nature of the place. Just because you feel a place is "uptight" or any number of other things, doesn't mean that you can't learn something. I simply learned to adjust my attitude as the situation dictates. It's their world, If you want to play in it, you play by their rules.
Let's be honest, having a sense of decorum and restraining some of your more colorful phrasing ain't gonna hurt that bad. Even in here. You just won't get taken to the woodshed quite as quickly in this forum.
I do spend much of my time here primarily because getting off topic (non-firearm related) isn't really a problem here.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I messed around with the Firing Line Forum for a little while, but the excessive and heavy-handed Mod. intervention made it not an enjoyable experience. Sometimes a thread would only go two or three replies before the Mods. decided it had run its course and lock it. Other threads would just suddenly disappear without explaination. I still look there occassionally, but never log in to participate.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

FTF is a combination of all of these. A lot of the members know enough stuff to write a few books (and I wish you guys would ), we cover all types of guns, we talk about hunting, politics, we joke around a lot, and we have quite a bit of freedom. That is why I like this site.
Well , I am working on my second article and it could end up as part of a book...well see

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Well , I am working on my second article and it could end up as part of a book...well see
I can't wait to read it. I liked that first one about ARs, There was a lot of stuff I didn't know.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8837 Times on 3825 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Well folks- you have revived a 5 year old thread. In keeping with established traditions here at FTF, you all get to chip in for a cake and ice cream. Birthday cards optional.

As far as FTF, we pretty much expect folks here to act like adults. We do not get off on banning people (with the exception of spammers, trolls, and folks that just will not listen). We WILL close threads that have degenerated into name calling (Well.....HE started it! Did not! Did too!) as that is really just a waste of bandwidth.

As long as it stays civil and legal, I may not agree with you, but I'm not going to boot you. If you simply MUST call another poster a poopyhead, we will pull your post, and send you a PM not to do that. If THAT causes you to decide to scream and cuss at me, I WILL push the little button that causes your computer to burst into flame......

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #26

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I like that FireArmsTalk is a social forum that provides open discussion so participants can exchange information without having to be so tight and closed minded to all issues of weapons and life experiences.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I can not believe that y'all blew the dust off this old post. It was from 2009. At least someone knows about the search function lol.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2824 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
I can not believe that y'all blew the dust off this old post. It was from 2009. At least someone knows about the search function lol.
I saw the age and skipped it a few times. Then it kept going, so I figured what the heck.
Of course you know that by posting your comment, you're just as guilty as the rest of us?
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 02-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2133 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 770

I so much want to kill this thread...

thread-resurrection.jpg  

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will say, TFL has a very nice black powder section with a good bit of activity.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Closed Thread