Is it just me or does the firing line forum seem restrictive compared to this forum
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is it just me or does the firing line forum seem restrictive compared to this forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Is it just me or does the firing line forum seem restrictive compared to this forum

Hi everybody I just joined this forum today because it seems to me that at the firing line forum that they are very restrictive on what members can say and talk about!Ive noticed the staff there love to close threads and ban members.Anybody else notice the same thing there or do I just have a bad attitude?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #2

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
Hi everybody I just joined this forum today because it seems to me that at the firing line forum that they are very restrictive on what members can say and talk about!Ive noticed the staff there love to close threads and ban members.Anybody else notice the same thing there or do I just have a bad attitude?
Like anyone here is going to step into that bear trap!

I think I can speak for the majority of FTF members when I say "I use this forum because it allows me to converse with like minded people."

The other reason would be the fact that the FTF is not in the business of catching members in forum infractions and celebrating in doling out penatiles. There is no point system or violation 'time-outs' here.

What we do have is a great exercise in common sense and forgiveness. What we do not do is allow someone to abuse this application of common sense or any type of personal attacks.

This results in a member that has pride in his (apologies to samples et al) membership rather than relief that they made it another day without getting banned!

I'm proud to be here and welcome you to enjoy your time here.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Don't spam, don't resort to name calling and don't talk about overtly breaking laws. Other than that, just about anything goes.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #4

Liked 53 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

well Ill give you an example.I stated that the oklahoma pharmacist saved us tax payers a lot of money by shooting that one robber and that he shouldnt get charged with murder.I dont think that makes me an extremist!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
well Ill give you an example.I stated that the oklahoma pharmacist saved us tax payers a lot of money by shooting that one robber and that he shouldnt get charged with murder.I dont think that makes me an extremist!
Well, in that case, WELCOME!

Never heard of that other place.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Oh, BTW...post something in the introduction thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Or face a BAN!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

There are other gun forums???

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Why would saying mean and hurtful things about another forum be a beartrap?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Cross-forum bashing caused some problems on a car forum i hang out at. It was kind of pitiful. IMO, if you don't like the off topic section of a forum, just stick to the technical section, and find another place to chat about politics & such. Whenever these guys eventually grow to hate me universally, i may migrate to that SKS forum.

Closed Thread