Is it just me? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is it just me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6724 Times on 3580 Posts
Likes Given: 504

I went outside with a pair of wire cutters and snipped the line running into the house. Easy enough no more robo calls.

I cancelled my landline and 10 years later I'm still getting mail from the phone company wanting to reconnect my line...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
Mongo Likes This 
Old 04-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 1151

I keep getting calls from a different area code each time but it is the same group offering credit card help. Now I look at each incoming call and if it's from an un recognized number, I ignore it. I don't carry credit card debt. I told them I am not interested but they call back anyway. The do not call law doesn't help because they call from a different number everytime. They are calling my cell phone(I unhooked the landline too)

Last edited by Mongo; 04-05-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: detail

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1559 Times on 1059 Posts
Likes Given: 1696

Makes me no never mind, I have a answering machine. If thats what they want to talk it works for me, it don`t take up my time. If I look at my TV & its someone I wish to talk to I do, other wise you are talking to my machine, or your machine is talking to my machine ither way I could give a **** less, if thats how you want to spend your money talking to my machine, oh well.................

Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Caller ID and Answering machine screens our calls. The answering machine allows me to pick up mid message if I need to. Plus the intended benefit of to later screen for importance of call.

Become steel or get cut.
303tom Likes This 
Old 04-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #25

Liked 459 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Or does anyone else here get really aggravated when you get a computer generated phone call from a tele-marketer, tele-moocher or tele-preacher, even after you've gone through the process of having your number put on the "DO NOT CALL" list??
We have this problem at our office,the problem for us is they now just hang up on us when we say the person they are looking for is not available.
These parasites do not even give us the chance to tell them to to quit calling our shop.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7605 Times on 4184 Posts
Likes Given: 7342

I get a few tele-marketers. But the vast majority are tele-MOOCHERS and tele-preachers.

Unfortunately, the law doesn't cover them.

But even if I don't answer, they leave a message that I have to delete.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 04-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4105 Times on 2792 Posts
Likes Given: 2036

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
We have this problem at our office,the problem for us is they now just hang up on us when we say the person they are looking for is not available.
These parasites do not even give us the chance to tell them to to quit calling our shop.
You can block calls from any particular phone number. I used to subscribe.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #28

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
Or does anyone else here get really aggravated when you get a computer generated phone call from a tele-marketer, tele-moocher or tele-preacher, even after you've gone through the process of having your number put on the "DO NOT CALL" list??
What, seriously? No, I love that.:roll eyes: My fix was to get rid of my landline. I had a $hitty recycled phone #, so in addition to telemarketers, people would call for past owners of that phone #. I got rid of it, and have only had a cell phone for probably 7-8 years now. It's awesome! I get maybe 2 tele market calls a year now, if that, and when I do, I let them have it! (I pay for this phone, and it's for MY use, NOT YOURS, and don't you EVER dare call it again, or give it out to anyone else!) And they don't.

P.S., I don't, for the record, make any distinction between the window & siding people, moochers, religious people, survey people, or anyone else.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Last edited by clr8ter; 04-05-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #29

Liked 459 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
You can block calls from any particular phone number. I used to subscribe.
We were told it does not apply for businesses we have blocked they continue to call I have blocked my cell though.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #30
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3443 Times on 1971 Posts
Likes Given: 1497

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
We were told it does not apply for businesses ...
But have you actually checked? What you are told and what is true could be two different things.

That is why I went to the added expense of 2 lines. When they say that a home business is exempt, I inform them they called the wrong number for my home business. And the number they called is personal and the caller will be reported.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Newest Threads