Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Is it just me? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/just-me-105839/)

locutus 04-04-2014 10:26 PM

Is it just me?

Or does anyone else here get really aggravated when you get a computer generated phone call from a tele-marketer, tele-moocher or tele-preacher, even after you've gone through the process of having your number put on the "DO NOT CALL" list??

Axxe55 04-04-2014 10:35 PM

simply hanging up the phone seems like the best option.

locutus 04-04-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1549614)

Yeah, that's about the only option.:( A shame they can't enforce that no-call list.

Dearhunter 04-04-2014 10:43 PM

Congratulations!! You have won!! Click!!!

dango 04-04-2014 10:47 PM

I enjoy when they call ! :D I just order ten of anything and send to my idiot neighbor ! :D

orangello 04-04-2014 10:55 PM

I hate the survey's..."no! I do not like green eggs and ham".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1549614)

I wonder, how long will "hanging up" continue to be understood by the younger generations who no longer actually hang a receiver on a hook to disconnect a call?

Mercator 04-04-2014 11:03 PM

Indiana pioneered the no-call list. The state AG pledged to charge (or sue) the violators for up to 10K per incident.

We had been inundated, and I was quick to sign up. Sure enough, a few marketing calls followed. I got pi$$ed enough to gently probe them for identifiable info, then filed about 3 formal complaints with AG's office. In about a year the office sent me an affidavit form, because they were going after one of them. I was only too happy to sign it and pledge to testify if called upon.

Long story short, the TM calls have stopped, cold. Charities, Republicans, nonprofits are still calling on average once or twice daily. They are exempt from the no call list by the statelaw.

danf_fl 04-04-2014 11:08 PM

I always tell them to hang on a sec.
Then I put the phone far enough away and say "Keep that for evidence!" loud enough for the caller to hear.
Then I ask the caller "What business did you have with the deceased?"

Sniper03 04-05-2014 01:45 AM

We have a phone that IDs the calls coming in. We can monitor the name of the company or organization or sometimes it says caller unknown. We simply do not answer anytime they call. After several calls they seem to be taking our home phone off their list! Being on the restricted list does not seem to have much deterrent in our opinion! A lot of them are dialing multiple numbers at the same time and if they make contact with one person on the line the others have nothing if you do answer!
So we just do not answer unless we know who it is.

Mercator 04-05-2014 03:19 AM

Honestly not speaking from a high horse here, but I try not to get funny with unwanted solicitors. They are only doing what someone hired them to do. I think it unbecoming to taunt a person who can't (normally) answer in kind. Just a plain hang-up should do.